Vol.1, Chapter 03- Touya Todoroki

Touya sat on the sofa, feeling a mixture of relief and apprehension as Shiina attended to him

Touya sat on the sofa, feeling a mixture of relief and apprehension as Shiina attended to him. The Kaminaris was different from what he had expected. Instead of walking past him, leaving him alone on the bench as so many others had done, they showed genuine concern for his well-being.

Shiina, with her maternal instincts, noticed that Touya was not only a runaway child but also hungry and injured. She carefully tended to his wounds, cleaning and dressing them, while Raiden prepared a futon for him to rest on.

In the midst of the caretaking, Shiina spoke gently, her voice laced with worry. "Can you tell me your name?" she inquired, seeking to establish a connection with the young boy before her.

Touya's voice trembled slightly as he answered, "I-I'm Touya Todoroki." The weight of his surname carried a heavy burden, one that he was all too familiar with.

Shiina's eyes widened in astonishment upon hearing his name. She never expected to stumble upon a member of the Todoroki family. "Todoroki?! Are you Rei-san's son?" she asked, her voice filled with surprise and concern.

Touya's response was hesitant but truthful. "Y-yes," he confirmed, bracing himself for the inevitable questions and judgments that often followed upon hearing his family name.

Shiina reached into her pocket, ready to call Rei Todoroki and inform her of her son's whereabouts. However, Touya's desperation surged, and he instinctively grabbed Shiina's arm, pleading with his eyes for her not to make that call.

"P-please don't!" Touya pleaded, his voice filled with a mix of fear and vulnerability. The sudden outburst surprised even him, and he quickly released her arm, not wanting to appear confrontational or ungrateful.

"I-I'm sorry...I didn't mean to do that," Touya stammered, tears welling up in his eyes. He felt a wave of guilt wash over him, fearing that his actions had disrupted the goodwill and compassion he had witnessed from the Kaminaris.

Shiina, however, was quick to offer reassurance. She reached out and gently patted Touya's head, a comforting gesture that soothed his troubled emotions. "It's okay, Touya-kun," she said with a soft smile. "But please, tell me why you ran away and how you got those scars."

Touya felt a lump form in his throat, his voice quivering as he began to share his painful truth. "I ran away because my father is an ass—" He caught himself, realizing Denki was in the same room, and quickly rephrased his words. "I ran away because my father is a bad person. He harmed me, my mother, and my siblings. I escaped after failing one of his 'training' sessions, and now Shoto is subjected to the same harsh treatment. I couldn't bear to stay and watch them suffer, so I-I simply ran away," Touya explained, tears streaming down his face.

Hearing his heartbreaking story, Shiina's heart ached for Touya. She couldn't imagine the pain and torment he had endured. Without hesitation, she reached over and pulled him into a warm, comforting embrace, offering solace and support.