Vol. 1, Chapter 15- The Court Trial

I skipped excitedly into the vibrant and colourful kindergarten classroom, my small backpack bouncing on my shoulders. The room was filled with joyful laughter and chatter as my classmates settled into their seats. But as I glanced around, a sense of concern washed over me—Shoto Todoroki was noticeably absent.

I couldn't help but worry that Shoto was still recovering from the incident when Rei poured the scalding hot water on his face. I knew it must have been painful for him, and I hoped with all my heart that he would recover soon.

"Alright, class, it's time to begin!" Our teacher's voice brought me back as she entered the room.

I hurriedly took my seat, eager to see what the day had in store for us.

...

An hour had passed since the class began, but my attention had wandered. I found myself gazing out the window, captivated by the swaying branches of the trees outside. With no task at hand, I decided to explore the features of the System, the mysterious device I had recently acquired.

I spoke softly, "System, please activate."

A yellow holographic screen materialized before me, waiting for my commands.

<<Yes, Denki, how may I assist you?>> The System's voice echoed in my ears.

"System, are there any features or functions I might have missed during our initial encounter?"

<<Indeed, Denki, there is one feature you have yet to discover—the 'Quest Section'.>>

Curiosity piqued, I raised an eyebrow. Aesir, my guide, had provided me with a thorough explanation of the System, or so I thought.

"System, where can I find the Quest Section?"

<<Apologies, Denki, but the Quest Section is not accessible at the moment. It will only become available once a significant canon divergence occurs, particularly involving the Todoroki family.>>

Confusion crept over me as I furrowed my brow. "What do you mean by 'canon divergence'? Doesn't finding Touya injured on that fateful day already qualify as a divergence?"

<<You are correct, Denki. However, there are even more significant events yet to transpire, events directly related to the Todorokis.>>

I fell silent, contemplating the System's words. What else could trigger this mysterious Quest Section if finding Touya wasn't enough?

Lost in my thoughts, I pondered the potential significant events ahead for the Todorokis.

...

Dismissal time arrived, and I still couldn't shake off my contemplation of the System's revelation. Standing at the kindergarten entrance, I anxiously awaited my father's arrival to pick me up.

"There you are, Denki," my father's warm voice called out.

Turning towards him, I smiled at the sight of my dad, always punctual when it came to picking me up. He approached me and stooped down to my level, his eyes filled with concern.

"Denki, did Shoto-kun attend school today?" he asked, his voice gentle.

I nodded, remembering my deduction from earlier. "No, I was right. Shoto-kun didn't come to school today."

My father chuckled, his hand ruffling my hair affectionately. Though it annoyed me sometimes, I had grown accustomed to the gesture, finding comfort in his touch.

"Denki, do you know what this means?" my father's voice grew more animated, his eyes glimmering with a hint of mischief.

Confusion washed over me as I furrowed my brow. "What do you mean, Dad?"