Chapter 7 (The Big Man's anger issues)

Chapter 7: The Big Man's anger issues

Ethan Warren

Estimated, May 2025

About three years after outbreak

California, The Circus

Season 4

------------------------------------------------

"I want him dead, Ethan."

"That's not going to happen."

"Why? Don't you want me to leave?"

"I do but you can't just kill Thomas."

"Why are you protecting him? What did he do for you? You overthrew his government, he lied, why do you owe him safety?"

"He gave me a home."

"He gave me one too, look where that got me."

-----------------------------------------------

Leah Souixer

---------------------------------------------

Timothy ruined my family. He ruined my life and the life of my son. Thomas, Ethan, they ruined it too. They all destroyed so many lives they're just to stupid to admit it. I didn't want to be in their war, I didn't want the people I loved to fight to the death. I wanted us to be happy. Ethan promised us that when we got here and now he was starting wars. What was all those months on the road even for if we were just gonna die here anyways.

I should have followed in Rudolph's footsteps. I should have taken Dallen, Khai, and Evelyn with and we should have gotten the hell out of there. Ethan could fight his own battle if he was so eager to start it, why were we the one's to be hurt for something we didn't do?

---

I heard screams come from The Big Top. I saw citizen's running for their lives. Elyse and Allen rushed everyone out. Than I saw him, the face of the man I wish to throw off the edge of the world. He dragged Dallen outside by his hair that was now past his shoulders. He was crying and begging him to stop. I tried to help but arms grabbed me from behind and I felt a gun press up against my head.

"I only wanted one thing!" Timothy began, he shouted so we all could hear him even over the people's concerned voices. "I want to rip Thomas' insides out while he watches. I want to feed him to the dead. I want him to turn. Ethan, however, would rather let me live here with you people in harmony. That can't happen. See if I live here, people who don't need to die are gonna die. That's not my fault, that's just poor little Ethan's. This guy, he seems like a cool man. It's a shame that his bloods gonna have to spill in order for me to prove a point."

I should have shot him there, I should have ended it even if this man held the gun to my face. I would have died and maybe that would have mattered. It would have mattered for my son, it would have mattered when Dallen found out. He still didn't know but he should have. From that moment on I will always hate Ethan more than anyone. Even more than Timothy because as Dallen's blood flowed from his neck onto the street, I realized that Ethan was the problem. We could all get over Thomas dying, it would be better than all of being fed to the dead. Thomas has offered, he wants to die, it's just Ethan who can't live with that on his continuous.

I wish I ended up being the one to end Timothy's life. It would have been a beautiful ending to such a tragic start. But of course, Ethan had to take that from me too.