New Eyes.

Maddie woke up the next morning with a start, jolting up with a gasp, her heart beating out of her chest. She calmed down slightly as she glanced around the small, familiar space, her breathing steadying as she glanced down at the woman who's bed she shared. The two of them had gone through a lot in the past few hours but Julia was already looking better. Madeline started to get up, slowly shifting towards the edge of the bed when she felt Julia's strong grip on her wrist.

"No- Don't get up." The wolf grumbled, shuffling herself slightly closer to Madeline's warm figure. Maddie gave a small grin at the sleepy girl, still delirious from the medicine that Adamaris had given her to help the pain. She lay back down beside her and propped up on an elbow next to her. Julia gave a small, approving sigh and huddled up next to Maddie. Maddie couldn't help but run her fingers thorough Julia's hair, softly trailing her fingers along the girls neck and shoulder. She thought for a moment about what Agatha had said to her about thinking that she and Julia were meant to be mates, her face contemplative as she let her hand rest on Julia's pale cheek, her thumb tracing soft circles on her pert cheekbones. She was absolutely beautiful, her face was smooth as porcelain with high cheekbones and fine features that made her look as though she'd been carved from marble, her body toned and more muscled than any woman Maddie had ever seen and her legs, long and sleek like a young deer. Madeline hadn't taken much notice for the time the two had been living in the woods. For those months since Julia had found her she had always thought her feelings towards Julia were just a strong bond of friendship, like a sisterhood almost. But then there were the nights she found herself staring longingly at that beautiful face and trim body and wishing that she could touch her, explore every inch of her with her fingers and truly learn what made that wolf howl. She stopped herself then, jumping slightly at the sight of Julia's crimson eyes meeting hers. 

"O-Oh I didn't know you were-- I-I mean I-" Julia gave her a sly grin as she rose up slightly, a small wince the only indicator that she had any remaining pain. 

"You sure seemed to be lost in your thoughts there Maddie. What was my face making you think about?" Julia leaned close to her, Maddie's head pressing into the pillow as the taller woman arched over her. 

"I-I was just-- Y-You're just." She felt Julia's fingers on her chin and gulped, unable to find the words as Julia leaned close to her. 

"I'm so glad you're alright Madeline." Julia whispered gently, her eyes soft and loving as she planted a kiss on Maddie's forehead. Madeline knew she was as red as a tomato from the closeness of the other, her heart was racing again and she felt a buzz of electricity as Julia's hand tilted her chin upwards, locking eyes with her. Maddie stared into Julia's face and felt a rush of excitement as they both leaned in closer and kissed. Julia's lips were just as soft and warm as Maddie had pictured, meeting and molding to hers so perfectly that it felt as if they were two pieces of the same puzzle. She moved her arms around Julia's shoulders, kissing her like it was what she had been missing her whole life. Julia's hand on Maddie's cheek moved down, tracing the skin of her neck and trailing a path down to her waist, pulling her body closer. The two broke apart finally, gasping slightly as they stared at each other.

"J-Julia I-" Maddie started, stopping at Julia's finger on her lips.

"Madeline I don't know what happened before I came to but damn am I glad it did. Just kinda sucks that I had to get beaten within an inch of my life before you would kiss me." Julia joked, cracking a grin as Madeline flushed with embarrassment.

"I-I'm sorry. I just- I-I mean Agatha made me realize that-" She let out a soft sigh and closed her eyes to regain her composure before meeting her wolf's eyes again.

"Agatha told me last night that she knew that we were mates, and that you'd do anything to protect me because you care so much about me. I realized that I knew that too. You've done so much for me, even given me a home when I really didn't have anywhere else to go. You've taken care of me and I can't thank you enough. I feel like you really do care and you want me for me and not just because of how I look or what I have. I don't know if I'd necessarily call myself your mate but I'd like to try out girlfriend...I-If that's alright with you." Julia's eyes lit up as her lips parted into a wide grin.