Curious Eyes.

Madeline woke up slowly, a soft sight emitting from her nose as she lay still, staring at the roof and listening to the sound of steady breathing, the only noise in the room. Everything was still and calm. Madeline couldn't relax herself however, as she was not alone in this large bed. Julia's sleeping form was resting close beside her, sides slowly rising and falling in a smooth, even pattern, though her breathing was near silent. She hadn't wanted this but she'd come to accept the fact that she was going to be sleeping by her side every night.

      This bed was the only one in the four room cabin that Julia would allow anyone to sleep on. Maddie had seen another bed in the second room and asked her about it. Julia had slammed the door shut and told her not to disturb that room, or even open the door at all. She didn't want to argue so she hadn't mentioned the room since. The look on her face alone had been enough to convince Maddie that the room was definitely off limits. She supposed it was a topic of conversation for another time.

          She sighed again eyes fixed on the ceiling. She was shocked out of her thoughts when Julia rolled over, her arm falling across Maddie's chest and pulling her closer to her own. Madeline felt her cheeks flush a bright shade of crimson as her muscled arm was wrapped tight across her breasts, squeezing them close to her chest. She squirmed and tried to struggle out of her arms, only making the situation much worse by pushing her hand up onto her breast. She squeaked in embarrassment, waking Julia up. She groaned and opened one eye, looking over and seeing the distressed Madeline trying to struggle out from under her arm. She realized what was going on and slid her hand off her breast, still half asleep. Julia gave a sly grin at the redness creeping up Madeline's cheeks,

"Good Morning Madeline." She murmured sleepily, chuckling and laying her head back on the pillow for a moment. Madeline sat up and crossed her arms, scowling at her.

"Why on earth did you do that?!" She squeaked angrily. Julia sat up with a groaning stretch, huffing in annoyance as she got up out of bed and pulled a tank top on over her bare torso.

"I was asleep. I rolled over onto you, so what? Not like I did it on purpose." Julia murmured, brushing a hand back through her silver hair, only to have it fall messily back into position.

"S-So what!? You groped me you pig!" She squeaked, her cheeks glowing with embarrassment. Julia snorted and burst into laughter, clutching her stomach.

"Maddie you really think I purposely did that in my sleep?" She asked, laughing a bit longer before regaining her composure so that she could speak.

"I didn't grope you on purpose Maddie. And If I did at all it was because you were pushing my arm up onto your breasts." She explained with a shrug, a grin still plastered on her full lips. Madeline was as red as a tomato, huffing and pulling the blankets up over herself dejectedly. Julia gave a defeated shrug.

"Anyways, I'm going hunting. Anything in particular that you want?" She asked, giving Madeline a questioning raise of an eyebrow. She looked away and gave a small, sheepish shrug.

"It doesn't matter to me..." She muttered. Julia nodded slightly.

"Alright. I'll see what I can find. You stay put and stay out of the other room." She stated, her voice lowering at the last few words to an almost threatening growl. She pulled her gently out of the bed, voice again softening as she dragged the half dressed Madeline into the living area.

"Come close the door behind me." She said, pulling her to the front door where she could go out. She grabbed her special bag from the hook by the door, pulling it onto her back and opening the door, the chill wind blowing in and making Maddie shiver slightly.

"I'll be back quick as I can. Don't forget to lock the door. I have the key so I can get back in." She finished, taking a step back from Madeline. Light flashed and the form of the giant wolf appeared where Julia had been standing. She was strangely beautiful in this giant form, the bulk of the wolf nearly taking up the entire doorway. Madeline gave a devilish smirk as she scratched her behind the ears, earning a satisfied groan from the large creature as she tilted her head back, leaning into the attention for just a few moments before shaking her hand off and trotting away into the woods. She watched her go, swishing silver tail disappearing swiftly into the dark trees.