Death and friendship

It had been years since Evelyn had died

The days went by without notice, Yulana was too busy in her own thoughts to keep track of time.

Dream had started occasionally glance at her and his eyes showed sympathy towards her, and she too felt sympathetic though she doubted she showed it.

The familiar footsteps of Alex caused Yulanas thrust for revenge re kindle, as he came down with his father in front.

The day Evelyn had died he had come down, and said he would free you if he could but even if his father(after hearing him telling them that) had told him to kill the bird and eve ot was still ultimately his decision and his price to pay.

Yulanas mind traveled to when Evelyn was alive, where they were what humans could call friends.

"My lady, as your only friend I have a right to know when things go wrong," Eve said to her, handing Yulana a cloth to wipe her tears.

"I just long for something, I wish I had a family, that I wasn't just a cloud of stupid dust that wil never mean anything to anyone but a pawn in the universes game." Yulana replied, trying wipe the tears as they fell down her face.

"Yulana, you mean more than just a cloud of dust, you are a goddess. Of the frickin moon and good luck to be exact, you are great at what you do and I'm glad to serve you."

"You mean it?"

"Of coarse, when do I ever lie?"

"A woman has stolen your tools, dream lord, she stole from me too. And you, after I trapped what power your servant had in a stone she stole that too. If you give me anything- both of you, I will help you find her and let you go." Roderick said, he grew more frustrated.

"Speak already god dammit!" He shouted and thumped his fist against dreams glass prison. Alex held his arm back before he could hit again. The man backhanded his son.

"If Randall were here today-" he started, but Alex cut him off.

"If Randall were here today he'd hate you as much as I do." And with that, the raven killed pushed his father and he fell, smacking his head against the glass and falling to the ground.

Yulana stared as blood pooled from the old man's head and he glanced at the both of them, "you're never getting out of there, never." And Roderick blinked for the last time, his words echoing in your mind. It reminded her of Evelyn death, but it was no time to compare her to that monster.

Alex stood unfazed as he walked towards dream, and the entity stood, raising his hand to meet with the mortals. A flash of hope kindled wishing her and Yulana watched as he inched closer to the glass.

"What would your father think"

And Alex stopped. Turning away as the hope inside of her diminished. The guards lifted Roderick's body up the stairs and disappeared, Alex following them.

"Fuck." Yulana muttered. Dream snapped his head towards her and she buried her head in her hands. All that silence, and the first word he heard her say was bloody fuck?! Geez.

Dream liked her voice, it was the first time hearing it of coarse, but some part of him wanted to hear more of it; but the goddess beside him presumably wouldn't talk again. For a while at least.

DECADES LATER.

Occasionally Alex brought his partner Paul down to the basement, pleading for them to speak, o say they wouldn't  harm them. Yulana wouldn't hurt Paul, but she couldn't say the same for Alex.

Alex Burgess had grown old, and he had retired into a wheelchair, making his visits easier to hear from afar.

His wheelchair thudded down the stairs, being pushed by none other than Paul. He came to a stop in front of Yulana.

"Please speak, I beg of you, we will let you go just ensure our safety and that's it." Yulana paused,  thinking about what she would do. She ultimately chose not to speak.

"Paul, bring me back upstairs, I don't think I will be visiting here again." He stated and Paul swiveled the chair, glancing back as the wheels destroyed the golden markings, smoothly brushing dreams away with his foot as he exited with Alex.

Freedom, so close she could taste it.