The fates

Yulana was falling. 

She barely went in between dreams, so as Morpheus navigated the pleasures of being hanged and grabbing snakes, she was pulled from one dream to another; flung around like a rag doll.

"Well, that was fun." She said, brushing herself off as the dream lord offered his hand. She took it and turned towards the open land, waiting for the fates to arrive.

3 siblings, all different ages. Yulana had never met them, after all, she never needed any information of that much importance. 

Morpheus looked at her, "is there anything you are missing?" He inquired. 

Yulana scoffed, "yes, it seems my main power was sucked into the ruby gifted to you, funny right?" She was still very much pissed, and very much annoyed that her gift had been passed on so...inconveniently.

Dream paused, he couldn't tell if she was pissed at him, or at the ruby itself. He turned to face the empty space before them.

"I, lord Morpheus, dream of the endless, summon the fates...the three who are one. The one who is three. The Hecate." Yulana looked up at him, she would remember that for future.

"Morpheus, it's been a while." 

The fates appeared out of thin air, and unlike other gods she had met before, yulana couldn't tell anything about them, other than that all 3 looked like the same person but in different points in mortal life. 

"Ah, I see you've brought the lady with you, greetings goddess." Yulana bowed her head down slightly and they chuckled, "I hope we'll see you two around more, you would make a good team per say." Yulana didn't know what that was up posed to mean but she just glanced at dream and then looked back, awaiting for him to speak. 

"You look thin, love. Are you eating? Are you hungry?" They continued,

"He is but not for food. He wants something, they both do."

"I see you've found us out." Dream responded showing a small smile, "I do want something. I need your help."

"Help? Oh, listen to him. Like you helped us against Circe?" One of their voices dripped with malice, as one stared him down. 

"Circe is old business, sister-self." One butted in.

"And he did bring  nice stuff. also a new acquaintance," the other said, and Yulana offered the fate a small smile. 

The angered one lifted her arm, requesting dream to send the gifts their way. 

Morpheus let the snake slide from his coat, and it slid up the middle aged looking fates arm, sliding into her open mouth as she swallowed. 

Even if Yulana had thought anything of the fates, her whole perspective changed after seeing them practically become a snake themselves, she would save that endeavor for another day. 

"You may ask us 3 questions!" The fates repeated, switching between each other wildly. 

"Where is my pouch of sand?"

"It was purchased by a woman named Johanna Constantine"

"I knew a Constantine but that was 300 years ago," Morpheus furrowed his brow, "you said 'last purchased' does she still have the sand?"

"Dream, you know Better than that. You get one question, one answer."

"My apologies, my second question."

"Go one dear" the fates responded. Yulana looked between them uneasily. Was this Constantine a friend or foe, she assumed they were a mortal but who knew in this age; she hadn't checked the stars in a while.

"My helm, what happened to it."

"It was traded away to a demon for the amulet of protection."

"One question, one answer love."

"last question, my ruby, who holds it now?"

"The gem was Passed down from mother to son"

"Where are they now?" He asked, growing impatient.

"You have asked your 3 questions!" 

And they disappeared.

"I can help find Constantine," Yulana offered, turning towards the dream lord, "we should he'd to my realm, then we can find out."

She closed her eyes and clenched her palms, walking into the centre of where the fates had just been. As the clouds parted and the moonlight encased her body, she raised her hand to Morpheus, her eyes still closed. 

"If you wish to come, grab onto me." She said softly. He walked over to her and grasped her arm. 

The clouds started to swirl around them and Yulana waited to be transported back into the realm that was probably also demolished.

"Thank you, Yulana" Dream said, and they too, disappeared.