The search

Yulana had only met one of dreams creations in the waking world, their name was the corinthian

She had met him earlier in life and if not for his complicated morals they could have maybe been friends, but Evelyn took that spot anyway.

Dream had taken her to the palace he had once loved, apparently it used to be glorious.

The walls had crumbled and debris littered the floor like fallen leaves. As he looked upon the destruction he looked at Yulana, wishing to strike up a conversation.

"So," she said, "What is your proper name, dream lord?"

"Morpheus," he replied, "and yours?"

"Yulana."

"What about your compan-"

"Her name was Evelyn and she was more than that to me, she was my friend. What about your raven, sorry for getting angry," Yulana replied, the hatred for Alex burgess re kindling.

"Jessamy was her name. She was a good raven and companion," he spoke, his voice deep and calming.

There was an awkward silence. Morpheus didnt want the conversation to end, he wanted to know more about this woman, for some reason he felt drawn to her; like a moth to a flame. He didnt want to let her leave his side, not yet.

He tried to rebuild the castle, the pieces levitating for seconds before falling down. Yulana reached out as he almost fell over from exhaustion.

"I need to get back my tools, I need more power though, I know you need your power back aswell," Morpheus said, "care to join me?" And Lucienne could swear she could almost hear the desire in his voice.

Yulana nodded, and Morpheus started to leave the palace, saying he had a way to gain some power back.

Able and cain. Forever killing and forever dying, wonderful.

Gregory was a gargoyle, and playfully skidded around, pushing rocks.

Initially when Morpheus had come they had welcomed him, but after speaking his true intentions they turned harsh; more so cain than able.

"I mean you abandon us for over a century and expect us to forgive you and then let you murder Gregory, not going to happen!" Cain protested, able trying to be polite and say the same thing but less blunt.

"With all due respect, dream, it is not the dream lords fault, unless you are suggesting it is?" She looked at him and Cain quieted down as Morpheus looked towards gregory.

"Thank you, after all I came to ask him." He stated, walking towards the creature.

Yulana knew what was going ti happen as he talked to the dream, and moroheus raised his hand, tears forming as Gregory faded into dust and was sucked into Morpheus's open palm.

They left.

It was sad, although Yulana didnt know the creature, it was still sad.

"Where are we off to first, dream lord." Yulana asked.

"To find something to give the fates, goddess." He wanted to call her by her name, but it felt wrong if it wasn't mutual.

They walked towards the pier.

"Let me help," Yulana said as dream started to part the water, she packed a hand on his shoulder, speeding up the process.

"Thank you," he held out his hand to her.

"Be careful my lord!" Lucienne spoke, she didnt want him to be gone again, not for as long as that atleast.

"Let us go" and they dives into the water.