A new life

A few weeks had passed since It had been drafted and everyone was a wreck. Even if they all tried to hide it. But it was impossible to when the dark bags under your eyes are very much visible. Even if they had come out victorious, that doesn't mean that all trauma that they suffered along the way was gone too. Richie was pacing around the clubhouse as he waited for Eddie to arrive. It wasn't new to see him pace, he can't stay still for a minute sometimes. But he was also nervous. Which is something new when it comes to him. He was about to do something that he had been afraid to do ever since he had met Eddie.

"Hey Richie," Eddie said as he walked into the clubhouse and he sat down on the hammock. "Why do you want to see me? And only me?"

"I need to tell you something Eddie" Wow. Just Eddie. Not a sexual joke addressed at his mother, no Eds, and no Spaghetti. It must be something serious.

"You know that you can tell me anything. I'm not going to judge you", Eddie said as he stood up and he grabbed Richie's hands and squeezed them reassuringly.

Richie took a deep breath. He can do this. If he can survive a child-eating clown then he can confess his undying love to Eddie too. Here goes nothing. "Eddie... I...I love you"

Eddie blinked a couple of times and he looked confused about why Richie was so nervous about telling him that. "I love you too man. You're my best friend", he said with a chuckle and he hit him lightly on his shoulder.

He didn't get it. "No Eddie. I love you. Like more than a best friend", he said and he saw Eddie's smile dying down. He let go of his hand and he stepped away from him. And that hurt. A lot.

"You are joking. Right?"

"No Eddie.."

"Omg", he said as he laughed humourlessly. "You're a fag", he said and Richie flinched. He could feel tears pricking at his eyes. He didn't care when the kids from school call him like that. But hearing it from Eddie. It was like he was being stabbed in the heart. "All this time the bullies from school were right. You're a fag. God", he said as he ran his fingers through his hair. "I'm out of here"

"Wait. Eddie"Richie said and he made a gesture to grab his arm but Eddie moved away from him. 

"Don't touch me. You're disgusting", he snarled before he left.

Richie collapsed on the ground immediately after Eddie left and he curled on himself as he started to cry. It hurt. It hurt so bad. Please. Someone make it stop.

================================================================================

After Richie had calmed down, enough he walked out from the clubhouse and he biked back home. When he walked inside he realized that he made a mistake. Maybe he should have stayed more there. Or go to the Quarry. Or visit one of the Losers. No. The last one was out of the question. He knew that by now Eddie had told them about his confession and all think that he's disgusting. When he walked inside he saw his parents, surrounded by empty bottles of alcohol.

"Richie. What have you told you about going out today" His mother said sternly.

"It's fucking summer. Do you want me to rot in my room all the summer?"

"Watch your mouth", his father said sternly. And of course, Richie ignored him.

"Or better yet. Get shitfaced like the two of you. You poor excuse of parents", he spits out. His friends always told him to watch his mouth or see how he speaks because it would get him in trouble someday. But of course, he didn't listen to them. That was one of the days when he lived to regret it. His father stood up and he walked, or stumbled, in his direction and he slapped him across his face. Richie lost his balance and he fell on the floor, his glasses clattering on the ground. "Nice. C'mon. Do it. Beat up your son, like the asshole you are", he said as he spat at his father's feet.