3

Henry remembered the buzzing words of his mom's voice as he was walking through the security line at the airport....

" Henry don't forget to let the travel assistance escort know you have to put your Goodnights before the flight."

Henry's mom had always remembered that Henry had a problem wetting himself while flying. She figured he was afraid of heights.

Henry couldn't believe his mom said that to him as she saw him go through the security line. It was embarrassing enough that he would have to wear them on the plane ride to begin with....

But having to tell a complete stranger about it made it even worse.

As Henry grabbed his carry on bag and put his shoes back on... a tall woman in a airline uniform approached him saying...

" Are you Henry Stocks?"

" Yes ," Henry replied.

" Nice to meet you. I'm Alex. I'll be your travel escort."

" Nice to meet you Alex." Henry said.

As they moved from the security line Henry saw a bathroom coming up and he stopped...

"Do you need to use the restroom Henry?" Alex asked.

" Yes I do. " Henry whispered to her.. I have to put on my Goodnights before getting on the plane. " Henrys face turning a bright shade of red.

Alex smiled... " It's ok sweetheart. I've had many children who have to wear extra protection while in flight."

Henry didn't respond. He was trying to hold back tears.

Henry took his backpack in the restroom and locked the door.

He unzipped the bag and pulled out the Goodnights. He couldn't believe he had to do this... he was almost 18 years old...

If his friends found out.... He couldn't imagine their reactions.

He made quick work of removing his pants and underwear. He pulled the cloth like garment up to his waist and quickly got dressed again.

He noticed that the Goodnight was a little noticeable but only if you stared really close.

" Hopefully no one will notice " he thought to himself.

He exited the restroom and met Alex.

" Ready to fly Sweetheart?" She asked.

" Yes ," Henry mumbled.

Alex took Henry's hand and gave it a squeeze..

" It will be ok sweetheart. Just let me know if you need to change."

Henry's face went bright red. He felt like a little child listening to his babysitter.

" I I will." Henry whispered.

They walked down the walkway past hundreds of other travelers and headed to the gate.

Alex presented Henry's ticket to the gate agent and they both walked down the gangway to the plane.

Henry sat in his window seat with his backpack in the middle seat as Alex put his carry on luggage in the overhead compartment.

Alex then sat on the aisle seat. Henry's mom had purchased all three seats in the row to give her son and the Travel Assistant some privacy.

As the plane rolled away from the gate...

Henry started to read a book from his bag.

Alex grabbed a blanket and a pillow for him covering him with it and putting the pillow behind his head...

" Just in case you get cold or wanna take a nap." Alex said.

Henry Huffed...

" Jeez.. you'd think I was a baby traveling with you." He said.

Alex replied...

" We'll... a Goodnight is like pull-up's lol," poking him in the stomach.

" Whatever," Henry said.

Henry hoped the flight would be over really quickly.

But it was a long flight to Florida as he poked his nose in his book as the plane took off...

To Be Continued...