fourteen

After an hour and a half of walking, we finally made it to the campsite. The group thought it would be fun if a bunch of us went hiking for the weekend.

It was the core four, Heather, Harrison, and Andy. I had invited Andy so I think it'll be fun.

The core four rode together while Heather and I rode with the Webb brothers.

Sam and Kat were sharing a tent, I was sharing a tent with Andy, Stas and Colby were sharing a tent, and Heather and Harrison were rooming together.

I was honestly excited about this little camping trip. I can't remember the last time I've been camping.

We were the first to arrive so we started setting everything up. "So, what are you gonna do about Colby?" Andy asked.

When I heard Colby say I wasn't his type, I was overthinking it for a day or two. The only person I know I could talk to was Andy.

I talked to him about it because one, I was hanging out with him, and two, if I didn't talk about it I would've exploded.

I spent maybe forty minutes having a therapy session with Andy, talking about everything.

I shrug while I help set everything up. "I don't know." I frown. During the past couple of days, I've barely spoken to him.

I'm not trying to shut him out like he did to me. I just want to clear my head and try to get these thoughts out of my head.

"I think it was kinda shitty that he said that." He speaks his mind. I laugh a little bit while we sit the tent up.

"Yeah, I agree. It's already said and done though." I shrug. We set the tent up and blew up the air mattresses for us.

Once we had everything ready, the other four pulled up. They all got out of the car, cheerful and happy.

"Finally you guys show up." Heather joked with them. Sam rolls his eyes while Kat and Stas laugh.

Colby has his eyes on me whenever he steps out. A small smile forming on his face.

"Hey, I feel like I haven't seen you in forever." He strides over towards me.

I just shrug while I put my hands in his pocket. "I've been busy." I half lie to him.

I helped them set the tents up and everything so we could hang out.

Once everything was ready, we all put the chairs out around the fire pit.

I was sitting in between Andy and Stas while Harrison was grilling out with Sam and Colby.

"We should try glamping one time." Andy suggested. We all kinda just look at him weirdly.

I expected that from Kat, not from Andy. "You should try champing." Sam suggested.

Andy furrowed his eyebrows towards the blonde boy. "What's that mate?" He asked curious.

Sam explained how Champing is where you camp inside a really old church.

"Colby and I did it a few years ago in Europe with a couple of our old roommates." Sam explained.

I looked at Colby to see him grimacing a little bit. "It was a cool experience but it was not fun." He remembered back.

They explained how creepy and cold it was. They also explained how they barely got sleep because of how cold it was.

When they finished making food, we all sat around the fire pit and listened to them talk about their craziest ghost stories.