seventeen

I woke up the next morning with the worst headache. I slowly open my eyes to see I was in Kian's house.

I don't remember much after I saw Colby making out with someone on his couch.

My head was pounding and I felt like I was going to throw up at any moment.

"You look like shit." I make sure to flip Crawford off when he walks past. He laughs when he heads to the kitchen.

"Fuck off." I slowly sit up and look towards him. "That must've been one hell of a party." I was quiet while I thought back.

I nodded my head slowly. "Yeah, it was." I vaguely tell him. Kian then walks in and looks at me worriedly.

"You feeling okay?" He asked as I shook my head. "I feel like shit." I frowned towards him.

He doesn't look disappointed in me at all. He just looks concerned.

"Can you drive me back to their house? I left some stuff over there." I tell him. Kian nodded his head and grabbed his keys.

I wanted to talk to Colby. I know I probably shouldn't, but I want to. Kian and I didn't talk much during the car ride.

I was too hungover to talk and I think he felt the vibe. When he pulled up to their house, he looked over towards me.

"I'm gonna go run some errands. Call if you need me." He reassured me. I nodded my head and thanked him.

I walked up to the house and let myself in. It was quiet in the house compared to last night.

I heard movement in the kitchen so I went to the noise. Sam was in there, cleaning everything up.

He looked at me and smiled. "You need help with anything?" I ask. He looks around for a moment and shakes his head.

"I think I'm good. I think Colby's up in his room." I thank him while I head towards his room.

His door was cracked a little bit so I knocked on it. I heard him groan so I slowly stepped in.

When I walk in, the images of him making out with that girl came to mind again. I push them away as I walked in.

He lifted his head to look at me. He furrowed his eyebrows when he realized it was me.

"I thought you left with Kian?" He rasped towards me. He sat up while I went over towards his bed.

I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at the brunette. "I did, but I came back." I tell him.

He looks at me suspiciously. "Why'd you come back?" He asked curiously.

"I wanted to talk to you about last night." I could see him inhale a deep breath.

I could see him looking nervous. "What specifically about last night?" He asked.

"How you said Andy wasn't good enough and then started making out with a different girl." I studied his face.

He didn't look too happy about it. "I'm sorry about that. Whiskey makes me do stupid shit." He speaks.

He thinks about it for a moment. "Look, I'm sorry about all the mixed signals and I've been thinking about it all morning."

I could tell how genuine he was. He inhaled and exhaled a breath like he's stressed. He was playing with his fingers.

"Look Kylie, the reason why I said that about Andy was because I think I'm the one you should be with." I look at him in shock.

"Somewhere in our friendship, I gained feelings for you." He spoke clearly.

I listened to every word he said carefully. "I just didn't want to admit it cause we've been friends for so long." He speaks.

"The first time I got jealous was when you kissed Andy at the party." If I said I was shocked, I'd be lying.

I stay quiet though. "That's why I ran off and didn't talk to you or anything." He remembered back.

"I didn't know why I was jealous, and it took me so long to admit my feelings to myself." I'm so happy he's admitting this.

"I pushed the feelings though cause I wanted you in my life. And then when I thought I had you, the campout happened." He pursed his lips.

"I didn't want to think too much about the hoodie, but then you two started talking and getting closer."

He inhales a deep breath while looking at me. "I know you guys are together but-"

"Andy and I aren't together." I interrupt him. He stares at me for a moment, trying to figure out if he heard me correctly.

"What?" He asked me with his eyebrows furrowed. "Andy and I aren't together." I repeat myself.

I could tell he was still confused. "That doesn't make sense." He admits to me.

"Andy and I were fake dating, it was his idea during the campout." I honestly tell him. He looked at me like he was too stunned to speak.

"I have feelings for you too, dork. I just couldn't tell because you were giving me mixed signals." I giggle a little bit.

I could see his face soften up a little bit when I said that. "You were giving me mixed signals too, Kylie." He pointed out.

I shrug towards him. It was quiet for a moment while I looked into his blue eyes.

I really do think his blue eyes are so pretty. "So, what does this mean for us?" I asked curious.

"I was hoping to take you out on a date." He had hope all over his voice. I couldn't help but start smiling.

I nodded my head towards him. "That sounds lovely. What were you thinking?" He started smirking while thinking about our date.

"That's a surprise." He had the biggest smile on his face. We talked for a little bit, and it felt so good.

I finally have my feelings off my chest, and Colby feels the same way. As we sat there and talked, my phone started ringing.

I looked to see it was Kian so I answer it. "Hey, Kiki." I put the phone call on speaker so we could both hear it.

"Hey, I just finished my errands. You need me to come get you?" He asked nicely.

I looked at Colby with a smile on my face. "I'm okay. Thanks though." We talk for a moment and he hangs up.

Colby looks at me for a moment when I lock my phone. "You wanna go to IHop?" He questioned.

I think that'll be amazing so I agree. We go downstairs and he grabs his keys.

"I didn't know you were here, Kylie." I hear Kat say. We both turned over to see the couple walking over towards us.

"Yeah, I've just been with Colby." I smile up at the brunette. When I look back at the couple, they were eyeing the both of us.

"You two finally admitted your feelings for each other, didn't you?" Kat asked towards us.

I purse my lips, staying quiet, Colby was doing the same thing. They both started smiling towards us.

"Took you both long enough." Sam mumbled to himself. Colby and I flip him off as we both walk away.

We get into his car and head to the closest IHop. As he drives, I text Andy and tell him what happened.

He was really happy that we worked everything out and finally admitted everything.

I couldn't agree with Andy more though, I was excited for this new chapter with Colby.

Hopefully this will work out.