☆𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇☆

You walk down the city streets, feeling the warm winds brush against your legs, ruffling your skirt up a bit. Something about today put you in a good mood, your hangover had vanished, you have people coming over. It seems like its going to be a great day. You enter the atmosphere of the market and look around at the stalls. You spy a fruit and vegetable stall and make your way over. "Interested is some fruit, young lady?" the owner of the stall says. You nod and check your list "I'll be back in a sec." you say, and begin to pick out all of the things you need.

"A cucumber, a few carrots, some tomatoes, strawberries, cherries and maybe... yeah, I'll get a watermelon." You conclude, thinking out loud. You bring the basket back to the clerk and place it on the table. He rings it up and gives you the total. You hand over the money and walk off with your basket, now weighing more on your arm.

As you walk along the crowded road, reading your list, you bump into a man. You look up at him. He's tall and had long blonde hair, with a sort of cowboy hat topping it off and an unlit cigarette in his mouth. "Ah! I'm so sorry sir!" You exclaim "Please forgive me if you knocked anything over." you add hurriedly. The man turns around and his eyes widen a slight bit before he regains his composure and speaks again "No, nothing was knocked over, its alright." You breathe a sigh of relief and apologize again, before walking away and continuing your shopping.

☆                                                                    ...                                                                ☆

A few hours had passed, maybe two? You'd nearly gotten everything you'd needed, after getting distracted numerous times. Something about the morning had been strange though. Since running into that man earlier, you'd seen him at nearly every stall you were at since then, him and another strangely dressed man. At first, you'd thought nothing of it, discarding it as a mere coincidence, but there was a nagging, sick feeling in your stomach that something was wrong.

You began to accelerate your pace slightly as you walked down the busy market street, then you took a right turn, as you did, you walked for a little more before stopping at a stall, hoping that the sick feeling in your stomach would leave once you saw the men were gone. You saw the blonde one turn the corner first and you took in a sharp breath. You started walking again, taking another right turn and stopping, your heart beat accelerating with each turn.

Soon, your sense of unease had become a sense of panic. What do I do? Are these the kidnappers Steph was warning me about? Your mind went into a flurry of questions, unable to think straight, you took one last right turn, you hadn't been paying attention as to where you were going, and soon realised this was the worst decision you could have made.

You looked up and realised you were alone in an alley. Fear held a tight grip around your throat as you stopped. Low and behold, the two men, together now, were walking slowly in your direction. You let out a shuddery breath. Never before had you felt any more fear that you were feeling now. What do I do now? They'll surely kill me if I do nothing. Your desperate, fear driven mind scurried for any logical answer or action. You could feel your heartbeat in your ears. It was too late.

They were behind you.

"Why are you following me." you let out a shaky question. The blonde man stopped walking "You're gutsy," he started "Not many people ask that straight away, though it's a logical question, ain't it?" your throat tightened even more. You felt sweat dripping down your forehead "Is- is this about before?" Your voice was even more unstable, almost just a shaky whisper. The man laughed and you jumped, he then put his hand on your shoulder "No, I said it was ok, didn't I?" he chirped. The other man had long brown hair, and wore some sort of purple heart chain that decorated his face. His clothes were also very exotic. He took a step in front of you and looked you up and down. His face showed almost disgust, which made you feel even worse.

"I'm going to be sick-" you blurt suddenly, trying to wiggle your way out of the blonde man's grip. You manage to shake yourself loose and try to run past the brown haired man, but he sticks his leg out and trips you over. You land on the hard, rocky concrete and let out a sharp gasp. Your first instinct is to turn around to face them. They towered over you, both looking amused. The brown haired one spoke "Even if you did manage to get away, you wouldn't be running long."

You felt bile rise up in your throat. The blonde man held out a hand to you "Come on, hun, lets get you up. We're here on behalf of someone, he wants to meet you." you stare blankly at his outstretched hand, you had no intention of moving. You probably couldn't move though, even if you wanted to. A voice snapped you out of your daze "Hello? Anyone there?" he said before letting out a sickening laugh. You glared up at him. Everything about him was sickening. "Please let me go." you whisper. He laughs again "Not a chance, sweetheart. Our master has given us very strict instructions to bring you to him."

"Your master is probably a fat old fuck." you snap.

The brown haired man reacted first, pushing the blonde man out of the way "Say that again." he snapped. You looked up at him, terror was tunnelling your vision. You opened your mouth anyway "He's probably some fat old horny bastard." you snarl. Your insult was met with a hard fist to the cheek. You let out a painful yelp, even the blonde man looked surprised "What the hell are you doin'?" he exclaimed "He wanted them back unscathed." he added.

The rest was a blur. A painful, terrifying blur. You remember hearing a discussion, you couldn't remember what about, then your body being picked up and moved. But you knew one thing for sure. You weren't going home, and you probably wouldn't be going back.

|| Chapter 2 - Fear ||