☆𝓌𝒶𝓇𝓂𝓉𝒽☆

It has been around a week since you arrived at Dio's mansion. Your sleep schedule had been destroyed completely, due to you never knowing what time it was. But most of your time spent awake, you'd guessed was during the day. Your days mostly consisted of sitting with Dio, listening to him talk to you, which you'd occasionally give him answers. He'd spent another 3 days trying to get information from you, to which you eventually told him about your past with Polnareff, but you couldn't tell him about anyone else, no matter how hard he tried. After that he gave up. Sometimes he'd let you outside. Under supervision, of course, but you were grateful for this luxury.

You sat on a stone bench in the sun, gazing at a red poppy. The blonde man you'd come to know as Hol Horse, he mostly tried to talk to you about home and your family, probably to try and keep your mind away from this place. Honestly, it just made it worse. You'd learnt to shut off and just stare when he talks. You inhale and let the sweet floral scent drown your nose. The warm sun tickling your skin. If you could, you'd spend your whole time here. Away from Dio.

"C'mon, mx, its time to head back inside." Hol Horse stated. You took one last look at the poppy, part of you wanted to take it inside with you, but instead, you stood up and followed Hol Horse inside the dark manor. Back up the stairs you went, straight into Dio's chambers. This was no shock to you, not anymore. Hol knocks on the door and awaits an answer. There is a 10 second pause before you're given clearance. He opens the door and you walk in. A wave of metallic scent instantly washes your senses, destroying the memory of the soft floral scent, and causing you to wrinkle your nose slightly.

Dio steps into the candlelight "Pardon the mess," he begins, making his way towards you. "Did you enjoy your time outside?"

You nod and his lips quirk up with satisfaction "Good, that's good." he stops in front of you, gazing into your eyes. That oh-so-familiar uneasy feeling surfaced again as he brought his hand up to your face, delicately caressing your cheeks. He often did this after you went outside, though you couldn't fathom why. "You're warm." He simply mutters, stroking your cheek softly. You never wanted to admit it, especially to him, but you found comfort in this. You felt wanted. For a moment, you didn't feel like you were here just to be eaten.

He brought his other arm up and simply wrapped it around your waist. You froze. What was going on with him? Where had this affection come from? Your mind was at war, half was screaming, begging you to run. Run from the man you hated. The other half begged you to stay. To feel loved, wanted. Almost as if you'd started to fall for him. You snorted internally.

Despite your brain telling you to run, you stayed. You had to stay, there was no other option. You slowly let your eyelids fall, and felt your body begin to succumb to exhaustion. You were at a loss. Why do you feel so comfortable around him? Comfortable enough to fall asleep in his arms, no less. The hand stroking your cheek slowly came down and found its way to hold your back, and before long, you found yourself in an embrace. Your heart began thumping against your chest, and there was no doubt he could feel that. You laughed at yourself. Flustered? How strange.

The embrace went on for what felt like forever before Dio finally pulled away, leaving you still just as dumbfounded, flustered and a bit disappointed. He looked down at you, studying your features, you expressions. Finally, he spoke again "Maybe I should send you outside more often." he mused, though mostly talking to himself. That voice. It was like hypnotism, you blame yourself for falling for it. It was just so... melodic, soft, influencing. He spoke like an angel.

But you knew all too well he was far from one.

You were painfully reminded of that when you realised he was covered in blood, and so were you. Your eyes had adjusted to the dark, and you saw the soft candlelight reflecting off of blood on the floor, and a pale, limp hand sticking out from the shadows. Dio didn't seem to care that you'd noticed, and had started to panic "You're just as easy to fluster as you are to scare." he chuckles, making his way back to his bed. You didn't say anything, your eyes just followed the limp arm up to the poor girls face with horror, her expression said it all. Fear and betrayal. She'd fallen for his spell. You felt a stab of guilt. While you were outside bathing in the sun, she was being sucked dry. One of your own species.

It only reaffirmed the constant fear you had of Dio. Most things did, you added. "Do you want to wash off the blood?" Dio suddenly asked, causing you to jump slightly. You'd forgotten about that. "Yeah." you said, your voice cracking as you kept it no higher than a whisper. You turn to exit the room to use the bathroom when Dio stops you. "Use mine." he simply says "It's closer."

Your heart skipped a beat. Feeling both fear and fluster. You tried to reason, to worm your way out of this "I don't have a towel or clo-"

"I'll get them for you." he smirks, his amber eyes sparkling in the soft light, though you couldn't tell what emotion washed over them. You sighed and nodded, softly stepping over the corpse and to the marble bathroom. As soon as you slide the door shut, you let out a long breath. "What is wrong with you." You mutter to yourself. "Seriously."

At least, you thought, you'd be back in warmth. You smiled sadly at yourself as you watched the blood swirl towards the plughole. Warmth had become your favourite thing, but you had no idea why. Your heart clenched at the thought of it. No, you had an idea, as much as you hated it.

|| Chapter 6 - Warmth ||