☆𝓁𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝑔𝑜 ☆

Thump.

You recoil from the pain of being thrown on the cold hard tiles. Letting out a weak splutter, you slowly opened your eyes. The room was almost completely dark, save for the one or two candles that illuminated the room enough to know what was in it. Grunting, you slowly push yourself up, and gingerly rest on your legs, looking around. A sharp pain stabs into the side of your face, around your eye socket and cheekbone. You lift a trembling hand up to the painful area, gingerly brushing your fingers against the swollen flesh. You clenched your teeth and drew in a tight breath as you touched directly on your cheekbone.

"Shit" you mutter.

"What's the matter?" another voice softly mused from the darkness.

You froze up, your state of panic slowly returning. You let out a soft shaky breath. You didn't recognise the voice, which put you on edge even more. You slowly turn your head towards the direction of the voice. You see a figure walk out from the shadows. He was huge, both height wise and build wise. He was built more than any body builder you had seen. His skin was... strangely pale. You started from the bottom and worked your way up slowly. He sported knee high leather boots, and his knees were covered by simple metal knee guards, fastened with green cloth. He seems to wear yellow sleeves on his legs that were kept up by the clips of green suspenders that fell behind him. Under the yellow were simple black jeans that were unbuttoned.

You grew slightly flustered and moved up to his face quickly after seeing his bare chest and arms. As you meet his vibrant amber eyes, he gives you a sly smile. Immediately, you break eye contact, casting your eyes just beside his head. You noticed his blonde hair styled in a mullet, and the way it elegantly fell over his form... and you noticed how it seemed to move on its own.

The man took more powerful steps towards your trembling body. "You didn't answer my question, dear." he purred. You held your breath. Something about his voice was entrancing, with seemed to flow into your ears, trying to sway you towards him. You refused to let him triumph over you. You shook your head quickly. He squints his eyes the slightest bit, but lets out a grunt of acceptance.

"You're very pretty, aren't you?" he hums, now walking behind you, inspecting your form. He stays behind you for what feels like an eternity, silently observing and thinking as you tried to remain as still as possible. You felt bile rise in your throat again, but desperately tried to supress it. The man chuckles "You're scared, I can smell it." you freeze. He can smell it? What does he mean by he can smell my fear. You think desperately.

He stops in front of you again, before leaning in and taking your chin with his hands. He tilts your head to the side, inspecting the uninjured half of your face first. As he does, you let out a shaky breath as quietly as you could. He gives you a smirk, and your heart drops. There, in his mouth, undeniably. There were two razor sharp fangs in place of his canines. You let in a small gasp. You were definitely going to puke now. He just chuckles "You're not here to be my next meal, yet." he whispers. Again, his voice tries to sooth your fears, and to a degree, it works, but not enough for him to win you over.

You open your mouth "W-why am I here?" you question in a quiet, raspy voice. He lets go of your chin "A few reasons, the first being bait." he states, still inspecting your face. "Show me the other side." he commands. You hold a breath. He'll see your swollen face for sure, and who knows what will happen next. "Now." He snarls. You shakily turn your head to the side, and immediately, he lets out a furious hiss, making you flinch back from him.

"Ice." he calls. The brown haired man enters the room and bows "My Lord?"

"Take them to their room, and then come back here." he hisses, adding the last part on quietly "I need a word with you." The man shows no emotion, turn turns to you and grabs you by your arm, forcing you up. You look back at the vampire, but he has already disappeared back into the shadows. You turn your head back to the brown haired man "Where am I going?" you ask desperately. He lets out a grunt "Your room." he snaps.

☆                                                                    ...                                                                ☆

Your room was incredibly small, bare and cold. Your bed was a simple iron frame that was dinted and rusty, and the mattress was dirty and bare. As for the blankets, they were nothing but threadbare rags. You let out a sad sigh and collapse on the floor, staring at a splinter in the floorboard aimlessly.

Like magic, tears began rolling down your cheeks, you let out a few sniffles and wipe them away gently, sobbing as quietly as you can as to not alert anyone. You cup your face in your hands and bawl your eyes out, forgetting the fact you needed to be quiet. You curl into a ball and cry loudly into your hands, your fragile body shaking violently with every heavy gasp you make for air. You wanted to go home. Back to Steph. You wanted to see Polnareff so badly, you wanted to see anyone so badly, anyone that wasn't here. "Please," you desperately whisper into the empty room "Please let me go." You continue to wail for around ten minutes, before silently sobbing yourself into a dreamless sleep.

|| Chapter 3 - Let me go ||