☆𝓇𝓊𝒾𝓃𝑒𝒹☆

CW: Gore. A fair bit of gore.

The next night, the routine was the same. Vanilla Ice had summoned you -- you had rejected again. Though you were forced from your safe haven, if you could even call it such a name, something about Vanilla Ice's attitude seemed slightly more frantic, less composed, less in control.

"Now." He snaps. He seemed scared. You take note of his strange behaviour, shuddering at the memories, at the thoughts of what Dio could have done.

You rise, and place one leg in front of the other as you make your way to that dreaded room. Ice stops a few meters behind you. You don't dare look back, too scared to see the expression that you just know will heighten your anxiety.

A single action that held so much meaning. You take another step into the room, and almost immediately, that coppery smell hits your nose. It was strong. Extremely strong.

And when your eyes adjust to the moonlight, the sight that will torment you for the rest of your days greets you kindly.

The floors, the walls, every surface was drenched in blood. Bodies were everywhere, quite literally everywhere. Shredded chunks of body parts lay strewn across the floor, unrecognisable organs spilling out of and around the bodies at your feet.

And the most horrible sight of all.

Dio, head to toe in crimson, smiling up at you. Fangs sparkling like crystal in the moonlight.

"Quite a spectacle, isn't it?" his voice, though you see his lips move, comes from everywhere. In the walls, in the rooms. The bodies speak, he speaks. Your mind is his voice, everything is echoing. The blood, the smells, the people.

You fall to your knees, your expression stuck in one of terror. It was a nightmare that never ended. It speaks again.

"Oh, come now. Being rather dramatic, aren't we?" He purrs again. It echoes in your head, in the walls, their mouths move. Do their mouths move? You can't be sure.

His snap pulls into a focus. All at once, everything shouts, loud, loud.

"LOOK AT ME!"

Your eyes focus on his.

"What is this...?" You manage, your voice shaking more than you had intended it to. He laughs. "This... is power. This is my devotion, my obsession. This is my pleasure, this is my purpose." He sounds like a fanatic preacher, his every emotion, his every breath, being forced into every syllable.

His voice fills the walls again. "This is what I am capable of, my love. This is what we can be capable of."

"There is no 'we'!" You shout at him, not even knowing if he will laugh in delight at your retaliation or threaten you to join the poor souls he had ripped from this Earth.

He ignores it.

He rises, ever so gracefully. The sound of the blood that was pooling in his lap falling to the ground, joining the masses of its brethren already lining every surface of this room.

"You have ruined me." He begins, every step felt like a step closer to your death. A cold, prickling sweat arises on the back on your neck.

He was watching.

"Reduced me to a madman, or so some might say." He adds. You scoff "You're already mad."

He stops. Your heart jolts in terror. Suddenly it was hot, then cold. Seconds pass like hours.

"Exactly. Which is why I would say you have fixed me."

You glance up at him, partly in shock, partly in confusion. "Fixed you? How? How is this fixed?" You gesture to the macabre scene around you, death and sorrow following him everywhere. He laughs again, now making circles around you. "Oh, my darling, I'm glad you asked." He begins. His bloody nails paint elegantly gruesome lines on your skin as he walks, causing you to shiver.

"You see, before I knew you, I only did this because I was petty. For a simple dislike for a family that took place a hundred years ago," He continues, stopping in front of you, pausing for the dramatics of it. The whole thing made you feel sick to the core.

"But now, everything I do has been honed towards one thing. The thing I would sacrifice just about anything for. Any guesses what it could be?" He flashes those fangs again, though with simple amusement.

You could list a million things he could mean. Fame, power, glory, wealth. Those were the common ones among many more. He chuckles in amusement, relishing that you're spending so much work thinking on it.

"You, darling. I mean you."

Your eyes widen, your mouth drops ever so slightly. It had been on your list, but you kept pushing it out of your mind. Especially since more recent events. Hearing that simple, 3 letter world leave his lips sends you into more confusion than you thought it would.

What? Why me? I thought he-- You shouldn't consider this. He is evil. Rotten to the core. And yet the memories. You two dancing in the moonlight, having long conversations. It was all coming back.

"...Why?" Was all you could manage. He hums in delight, leaning in. "Oh, my love. I know that you must be so confused. Especially after my recent treatment of you. I was cruel, so unnecessarily cruel." He moves closer to you, and I smell that coppery scent burn through your nose. Somehow, you began to not care about it, you didn't shift away from him. You let him near you.

He smiles, it felt genuine and deceptive at the same time. "Truth be told, I tried to remove you. You were distracting me from what I thought was my main goal. But tonight, I had a marvellous revelation,"

"You were my main goal."

Your eyes meet, and you no longer see an icy cold, a hatred. There was a glimmer affection among the deception and bloodlust, it its own twisted way. Affection and sorrow. His hand reaches to take your cheek. It was cold and wet, but you couldn't care anymore.

"You are everything to me." He whispers, it only sounds half genuine, but you were beyond caring. You move towards him, and wrap your arms around him. He was quick to hug you back, the lack of body warmth not concerning you at all. You had done this countless times. You knew he could be manipulating you again, but you were beyond caring.

There was comfort in this. Comfort you had craved for months.

|| Chapter 15 - Ruined ||