Chapter 6 : Sancuary

After barely escaping the phantom-like monster, Shadow Roxy, Vanessa carries Gregory over to the nearest first aid station and closes a chain link gate behind them to make sure they don't get any surprise visits while Vanessa tends to Gregory's wounds. She settles him down on a table in the room, takes a look at his injuries, and sees the horrible state he's in.

She was panicking, not knowing what to do, since she was no medic. She then decided the best thing to do was get that wood piece out of Gregory's hand and get it bandaged up.

"Gregory, just stay with me, I'm gonna try and pull that thing out!" Vanessa said

"Wait, what?" Gregory said, and Vanessa grasped the wooden piece in his hand wound and began to slowly pull it out. Gregory shouts in pain and ends up hitting Vanessa in the face as a reflex.

Vanessa grunted in pain and Gregory covered his mouth with his unharmed hand and said "Oh my god, Vanessa! Im so sorry, I-"

"Don't worry about it, Gregory. I know it was just a reflex, im kinda the same way" Vanessa said with a chuckle as she whipped the small bruise on her right cheek.

Vanessa tried pulling the wooden piece out, but Gregory ended up striking her in response again, as a reflex, unable to hold it in. Vanessa tried again, and again, and again, still the same.

"I can't control it, Vanessa! It hurts!"

"Alright, im gonna try yanking it out, is that okay?"

Gregory hesitated but soon nodded, and soon Vanessa gripped it tightly and will all her might, yanked the wooden piece out of Gregory's hand, but not without taking a good deal of tissue with it. Gregory screamed and sobbed in pain as his wound began spraying and squirting out blood, his hand began twitching and convulsing like he had Parkinson's disease.

Vanessa quickly got out a bandage roll and first applied a tourniquet to his arm, and wrapped his wrist in bandages.

"How does it feel, Gregory?" 

"It stings!" Gregory cried out before he began panting heavily, he was going into shock. Vanessa quickly took notice, not knowing what to do, she quickly hugged him to her chest and whispered soft maternal words of comfort in Gregory's ear, and as she did this, she began having a flashback to when she had to do something similar to this.

...

1 month ago, Vanessa had arrived at the Pizzaplex to pick up Eric, who was left at the daycare with the daycare attendant, Sundrop, or Sunny as many like to call him. She soon arrived at the daycare but was confused to see Eric was nowhere in sight.

"Eric? Honey, where are you?" Vanessa said, and sunny Sunny lowered down from a rope attached to the ceiling and said playfully "Hohoho! Hello, Mrs. Adams!"

"Hi there, Sundrop. Do you know where Eric is? I came to pick him up"

"Eric? Oh, yeah! He left a little while ago"

"Left? What do you mean?"

"Yeah, a nice lady in a bunny suit came in and asked for Eric, she said she was your cousin and you called her to pick up Eric"

"Wait, did you say lady in a bunny suit?" Vanessa said with mortal terror in her eyes, and Sunny nodded and Vanessa quickly ran out of the daycare. She asked where they went, and Sunny pointed her in that direction and she began sprinting to the door and saw Vanny and Eric rounding the corner down the long hall.

"Let him go you bastard!" She shouted as she began sprinting down the hall like the flash, and she felt her heart race when she heard Eric scream in agonizing pain. When she rounded the corner, she saw Eric on the ground in a puddle of red liquid that was growing. Vanny stood over her mess with a knife in her hand that was dripping with blood.