Chapter 8 : Wolf's Captive

15 minutes before Gregory was attacked...

Vanessa and Violet were doing some digging around the Parts and Service, and they didn't find a whole lot, just left behind tools and metal parts. They were trying to find something they could use for Freddy's leg since he needs to be able to walk again if he wishes to help, however, they weren't finding much. Soon, Violet found a Glamrock Bonnie mask, and it was made out of metal and looked big enough for a human adult to wear. She looked inside, and she soon put the mask on.

"Hehehehe, Vanessa, how do I look? Im bonnie!" Violet said, and Vanessa turned around to see what she was wearing, and she look suddenly changed into mortal terror.

"What are you doing?! Take that off!" Vanessa said softly, though hastily.

"Why?" Violet said, and Vanessa said, "Just... do it slowly!"

She soon did, and Vanessa snatched the helmet out of her hands and said "Jesus, do not wear these things!"

"Why? What's wrong with them?" Violet said, and Vanessa said "This is Springlock Mask, how did you even find this anyway? I thought they have discontinued almost a year ago”

“Springlock? What’s a springlock?” Violet said, and Vaness soon took a deep breath and said “Springlock Suits are a special type of suit invented during the ’70s, they were designed for mascot purposes, basically to be worn by both people, and animatronics. You see, they have several metals and robotic parts inside that are held back by a spring system. These springs are under a lot of tension, so once they go loose, those metal parts snap onto the endoskeleton like a bear trap, any unlucky bastard caught in a springlock suit that happens to fail… well let’s just say they won’t be having a good time, watch”

Vanessa said as she shined her flashlight inside the mask, and Violet watched as Vanessa began hitting the mask over and over, and upon the 8th strike, the springs went off and Violet jumped back in fright to see several metal parts where snapped in place, almost like it was hooking onto an endoskeleton head. Her heart raced upon seeing things, thinking her head could’ve been in there!

“Before, the locks were able to be loosened with moisture, which is not ideal when you're sweating buckets. Nowadays, they can only be loosened by immense tension if you rattle the suit too much, or someone fails to put them back correctly, you can end up getting crushed, mangled, and shredded in mere seconds” Vanessa said, and Violet’s breathing grew heavier.

Violet then asked, “How would you know what?”

Vanessa was silent for a moment, before saying “I had a brother, an older brother. His name was Miles, and he worked as a mascot employee here at the Pizzaplex, he was the Freddy Fazbear mascot, and he wore a springlock suit, one of Freddy Fazbear. He wasn’t a train engineer, but he was one of the best mascots in the facility. It was almost a year ago, he was getting ready for one of the shows. It was a big rehearsal, and a lot of people were there cheering him on. However, it ended up being a tragic disaster, because the engineers who were responsible for making sure that the suit would stay in human mode for the whole day, messed up. While he was performing, the locks went off…” Vanessa said, having painful flashbacks of seeing Miles getting springlocked.

“God… I can still remember seeing blood shoot out of his suit like a volcano spewing out molten lava. I can even still hear his screams… he was… screaming for our help… fucking… he died before we could get him help. It wasn’t an easy death, he suffered… a lot. I… remember seeing them take off the suit, his body was mangled, his skin was shredded, his limbs were crushed, skinned, and his eyes were gone, and replaced with those fake plastic eyes. It was almost like he was put through a meat grinder” Vanessa said