Ch.2

A/N: I'm glad some people are enjoying this and I am happy to continue. I'm hoping to get a new chapter up once a week. Thank you for the support and let me know what you think!

Elliot pulled into the driveway of his house in the middle of the night. All of the lights were off and he hoped everyone was long asleep. He scrubbed his hands down his face, leaning his head back against the head rest in his jeep. He was home, the place he should want to be but he didn't. He wanted to be with Olivia.

He slammed his hands against the steering wheel, forcing out a breath. He was lost. He had slept with another woman, went against everything he had believed in and the worst part of all, he didn't regret it. Being with her was like nothing he ever thought it would be. He had no idea how to navigate the road he was going down but he had just changed his life forever.

Unbuttoning his dress shirt and pulling it from his arms he threw on his old sweat shirt, throwing his used shirt in the back of the car. Wearing a shirt with another woman's smell all over it wasn't doing much for his conscience. He slid out of the car and made his way up the front steps, unlocking the front door and closing it gently behind him. Going up the stairs he checked in on his kids before walking into his bedroom. He grabbed a pair of sweats and went to the bathroom to change for bed.

He splashed some cold water on his face and stared at his reflection in the mirror, shaking his head. He threw his dress pants in the hamper and went back to his room, stopping at Eli's crib. He brushed his fingers through his sons blonde locks, softly stroking his chubby little cheeks, "Daddy loves you, Eli."

"What time is it?" Kathy asked from the bed, sleep evident in her voice but still startling him.

"It's three," Elliot replied, walking to his side of the bed and sitting down.

"You're really late," she mumbled, laying back down and he shrugged, laying down on his back and staring up at the blank ceiling. "Where were you?"

He looked over at his wife and she was looking back at him. "We caught a case," he lied, scrubbing his hands down his face. And so it begins.

SVU

The piercing sound of the alarm startled her awake. Olivia sighed, rolling over and grabbing her phone from the bed side table, silencing the dreadful noise. She laid back down, burying her head in the pillows and seriously contemplating whether or not she had the strength to go to work.

Where do I even start?

Guilt surged through her body, making her physically ill as she sprang out of bed and ran to the bathroom, making it just in time to empty the contents of her stomach into the toilet. She coughed, wiping her mouth with the back of her hand and she sat back, pulling the sheet around her as she heaved once more into the toilet bowl.

"Ugh," she groaned, pushing her hair out of her face and standing up on shaky legs, leaning over the sink with her head hung low. She turned the water on and brushed her teeth, avoiding the mirror because she just couldn't handle what she would see staring back at her. Dragging herself back to her bed she sat down on the edge, running her fingers through her hair and taking a deep breath.

There was no guide, rule book or manual on what to do. She had crossed the line with her married partner and there wasn't any coming back from that. In her mind it was a mistake, and she wished like hell she could take it back, but her heart said something different. She had no one to blame but herself.

Mustering up what little energy and will she had left, Olivia got ready for work, resolved to the fact that she would have to face Elliot and the consequences of their actions, whatever they might be.