Ch.8

A/N: Wow guys. I am so sorry it has taken me this long to update! Once I started back to school I just got overwhelmed with everything and my writing took a back seat. I'm back at it now though and I'm hoping that I'll be able to update more regularly now that things have settled down. I hope all of you are still interested and continue to enjoy the story as we move forward. Thank you for the continued support and encouragement.

Olivia laid wide awake feeling sick to her stomach. She had called Elliot at least a dozen times until her calls started going straight to voicemail and she had finally given up. He had left in the late afternoon to go back to Queens to talk to Kathy and his kids, and while she knew he would probably need some alone time after what would be no doubt a tough conversation, she just needed to know he was okay.

She rested her hand on her toned I stomach, hoping to reassure herself as well as her unborn child how much Elliot loved both of them and that he would come home to them. "He loves us little one...I promise you that he does," she whispered softly as she wiped away a tear that started making its way down her cheek. Checking the clock one more time to find that it was past midnight she took a steadying breath and closed her eyes, willing away every bad thought she had as she fell into a fitful sleep.

SVU

His night had went to hell in a matter of seconds. Not like he had expected anything else but taking blow after blow from his children had physically and emotionally drained him. Elliot had left his old house feeling worse than he ever though possible but he knew he deserved it. His children were completely stunned and he couldn't blame them. He had come to terms with what he had done and the new path his life had taken while his children had not, and he had just pulled the rug out from under their feet.

He was so tired he couldn't even think straight as he made his way back into the city, doing his best to suppress the urge to drown himself in liquor until he had lost the battle and pulled into a dive bar that was only about 4 blocks from Olivia's apartment. He pulled into one of the many available parking spaces, giving himself credit for making it as far as he did without pulling over sooner. Turning off his jeep Elliot dropped his keys into his pocket, grabbed his wallet and made his way inside the dingy smoke filled bar.

Pulling out a bar stool he slumped down on the seat just as the bar tender came over, laying down a paper coaster in front of him.

"What can I get for you?" The younger man asked, a soft smile forming on his lips as he waited for an answer.

Elliot sighed and scrubbed his hands down his face, "Whiskey...neat, please."

"Coming right up, Sir," the young man nodded, turning his back to Elliot and making quick work of the drink order.

"Thanks," Elliot mumbled softly, grabbing the glass and throwing it back in one swift mouthful, letting the amber liquid burn his throat. "I'll take another," he told the bartender, choosing to sip this one more slowly than the one that came before it.

He spun the glass around in his hands, thinking about what all had happened over the last few hours.

His children made their way to the kitchen table, each taking a seat and sitting silently while their parents just stared at them.

Kathy glanced at Elliot, and while she hated him for what he had done to her and to their family, he looked like he was drowning. She looked at all of her children, her beautiful kids that were suffering, and no matter how she felt, she vowed to help the situation for her kids sake. "Guys, please ask whatever you'd like too...we'll do our best to give you answers."

Elliot took a deep breath, taking Kathy's cue and watching as his kids tried to process what was happening. "I'm so sorry for what I've done to all of you," he said softly, watching the heart break on his daughters faces and knowing he was the cause was a pain all its own.