_

2 August 2017

Hansung got off the floor and shot a trembling hand out to pull a chair out for Daeshin's brother to sit on. He pulled a chair out for himself as well and sat down after Daeshin's brother sat down. 

He unlocked his phone and began to type what he wanted to say without further ado. 

I'm very sorry for yesterday's and today's events. I'm deeply ashamed of what I have done and I request you to name anything that I can do to make up for freaking you out the way I did. None of it was your fault. You just look similar to someone that I, fortunately, don't have anymore in my life. But that's still not your fault, so I'm very sorry for freaking out on you like that.

Daeshin's brother took quite a while to finish reading what Hansung showed him on his phone, and Hansung waited for his response anxiously the entire time. After a while, the nurse looked up at him and opened his mouth, but closed it after a couple of seconds and then opened it again. 

"Hyung..." he started, but then with a frown, he added, "can I call you hyung? You look older than me..."

Hansung gave him a nod. He pointed to himself and held up three fingers and then six fingers.

"You're thirty-six?"

Another nod.

"Hyung, then," Daeshin's brother said with a small grin that had Hansung taking a sharp breath. How many years had he struggled upside down just to see that very smile? 

It had his eyes tearing up again. The smile shook him up and he wanted to see more. Every drop of his blood craved to see more.

Daeshin's brother ignored the tears in Hansung's eyes in favour of what he was going to say next. "You don't have to be ashamed of what happened, hyung. It just happened and I happen to have a face that brought up unpleasant memories if I understood what you said right. So as much as I wasn't at fault here, you weren't at fault either. So you don't have to do anything to make it up to me."  

His eyes held a warmth that Hansung found himself getting lost in. Just how long had he searched for warmth in those same eyes? 

He didn't even realize that he was staring until the man in front of him frowned slightly. 

"Hyung...?" the man called out hesitantly, snapping Hansung out of his daze. 

Hansung shook his head and looked down at his phone to start typing again. 

Okay, then. Still, I'm sorry. And please keep in mind that even if I do freak out again, you wouldn't have done anything for that to happen.

"Okay, I'll keep that in mind," Hansung was graced with another pretty smile that had his insides turning mushy. 

"Now can we do the introductions?"

A smile pulled at Hansung's lips. He nodded and looked back down at his phone. 

I'm Kim Hansung. Thirty-six. Single father of a single son. You?

"I'm Seo Ban Shin, but everyone who's close to me calls me Bannie. You can call me that too. I'm thirty-four. Father of none and unmarried," Daeshin's brother said with a mischievous grin that had his nose scrunching up and his front teeth poking out like a little rabbit. 

Hansung let out a soundless chuckle.

Your nickname suits you better than your real name. Doesn't Banshin mean half-god?

"It does," Banshin said with a chuckle. "It also kinda means half-new, but as I said, it's a foreign name to me. Used only for professional purposes. Literally, everyone that matters calls me Bannie."