S

30 December 2017

"Don't hesitate. Eat your fill, everyone. Especially you kids. I won't treat you on this scale again, so don't think twice before ordering whatever you want," Hansung signed with a single hand, his other hand on the steering and his eyes on the road.

Junha and Dohyeon nodded awkwardly, going back to their game just as awkwardly on their way to the treat that Hansung was throwing not on the occasion of his birthday, but on the occasion of Jeongguk's death anniversary instead.

"Are you really sure about this, Hannie?" Banshin asked for the millionth time that evening and Hansung nodded again for the same nth time. They were all on their way to Hansung-knows-where, all packed in his car, and even Banshin didn't know where his boyfriend was taking them. 

Just that they were going to 'celebrate' Jeongguk's death anniversary. 

Yoongi and his family followed them in their car without knowing where they were going either. Just that they had to follow Hansung's car.

No doubt, Banshin hated that torn piece of rag more than anything on earth, but he still couldn't get his head around how firm Hansung had been when he had announced the party. 

Something about this being a closure for him. 

For him to proceed in his life without looking back ever. 

When Hansung finally pulled over, all of their jaws hung open. "Hannie, are you really sure, baby? It's gonna be really expensive," Banshin said again, his mouth hanging open as he stared at the huge five-star hotel now lit up in front of him. 

"YES!!" Hansung's hands moved aggressively in annoyance, "stop asking that and just enjoy the fucking tre-" 

Hansung stopped signing and closed his eyes to take a deep breath. After a couple of seconds, he opened them and met Banshin's eyes dead-on. 

"I mean it when I say this is my closure. I never got to celebrate his absence in my life and I really need this. You should understand it more than anyone else. I'm planning to take a few big steps in my life and for that to happen, I need this closure first. So please don't kill my joy, Bannie, I beg yo-"

Banshin grabbed Hansung's fast-moving hands and brought them together to stop him from signing further. "I know, I know, I'm sorry. I'll shut up now. Let's just go in and enjoy," he said. 

Hansung finally broke into a smile at that. 

"Come on," he said and gestured for everyone to follow him as he led them in, showing his reservation on his phone to the receptionist when they entered the extravagant hotel. 

"Welcome, Mr. Kim. Let me lead you to your table. This way, please, sir," the waiter who stood with the receptionist said and led all of them to a separate room with a huge table. 

"Wow, Hannie. I really didn't expect this," Namjoon said while Seokjin and Hoseok still found it hard to close their mouths. Yoongi busied himself with making sure all the kids were still with them and hadn't wandered off to check out the hotel. 

"I told you," Hansung smirked, "this is gonna be huge. I'm telling you again, hyungs. Please don't hesitate and eat your fill. I don't care even if the bill goes over the top."

"Okay, Hannie, chill. We get it," Hoseok said and sat down on a chair, huffing at the comfortable feeling. "Wow, this is what sitting in a five-star hotel feels like, I see. It's great." 

The rest of them scoffed with grins on their face. 

While the kids got to enjoy their favourite drinks after dinner, the adults ordered a few whiskeys. 

Banshin looked wary, but he gave in after a few minutes. Anything for Hansung that night. No matter what they were celebrating the night for, it was his birthday, after all. Something that hadn't been celebrated in more than a decade and a half.

"Kids, there's a play area in the hotel, isn't there? Go and enjoy yourselves, I'll come and get you guys after we're done here," he said, looking over at Junha. 

"Right, do that," all the parents agreed and soon, the kids were filing out of the room, not because they were excited about the playroom, but because except for Sumi, the rest of them knew exactly why they were being sent out of the room.

"Let's do a cheer," Yoongi said after they left and held his wine glass up, "to Hannie's successful new life."

 "To Hannie's successful new life!!" 

The glasses emptied right away and they held up their refilled glasses once again. 

"For a better everything!!"

And they emptied the glasses again. 

"To Honey Bunny!!"

Hansung emptied his glass faster than the rest and slammed it on the table, glaring at a spot on the table in a daze.

"Baby?" Banshin called out slowly, not wanting to startle Hansung out of whatever thought process had pulled him in. He gently placed his hand on Hansung's arm and stroked it up and down. "Hyung...?"

Hansung's eyes flitted over to Banshin and he shook his head, sense returning to his eyes. He refilled his glass and held it up again, patiently waiting for everyone to do the same again before lifting his other hand up high enough for everyone to see his signs clearly.

"To Jeongguk rotting in hell!!"

"TO JEONGGUK ROTTING IN HELL!!" all of them cheered loudly and downed their glasses once again. 

Banshin, Seokjin and Hoseok stopped after that while the rest continued until they couldn't even count the number of fingers that they held up in front of them. 

That night, Seokjin drove all the kids in Yoongi's car to his house while Banshin drove all the drunk-off-their-asses adults to Hansung's flat. He helped Hoseok settle Yoongi and Namjoon down in Hansung's room and then locked the flat behind him before helping his own out-of-mind boyfriend to his flat. 

He tucked the grinning-for-no-reason man in and left to lock his main door. When he returned to the bedroom, however, he found Hansung sitting up, drunkenly taking his clothes off.

"Baby, what are you doing, just go to sleep," he said, but his words got totally ignored. 

Instead, after leaving himself in just his boxers, Hansung stepped closer to Banshin and grabbed his face to kiss him all he wanted. 

Banshin chuckled and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist gladly to return the kiss. 

There was no way he was ever going to push Hansung away, after all.