Grabbing the Reigns-Ceron

I bang against the force field that appeared as my mate accepted her meet her greet. As soon as she formed the water shield Kelsie disappeared behind it. Panic fills my chest as I try to break through the barrier with all my might. Xander tried to stop her from accepting the invitation but now she is too late. My roar fills the air as I grow furious that she has taken my mate from me. What the hell is she doing to her?

"We do not even remember the first time we met her. Maybe she isn't causing her any harm" Xander says from the back of our mind even though I can feel his worry too.

"You do not know what I know. To truly meet a kelpie one must be close to death or dying. Our mate is alive and healthy. Now she is in danger from this stupid creature. I swear if anything has happened to her I will not hesitate to show her my wrath" I warn him viciously.

As the threat leaves my lips the barrier suddenly drops and I am sprinting our human form forward. What I see stops me in my tracks for a moment as my heart truly breaks for the first time. Kelsie stands above my mate on the ground while her eyes swirl blue like the water. She seems to be in some sort of trance as she stares down at my mate.

I drop beside Tika and put my hand against her cheek just needing to feel her. I have to snatch my hand away at how cold she feels. She's freezing and still hasn't moved from my warm touch. I place my fingers against the side of her neck to find her pulse as I fight to listen as hard as I can with my dragon hears.

After trying for a few moments panic really sets in as tears cloud my vision and a roar leaves my chest. "Her regrets have spoken. Now that she knows the fight will be up to you to stop the" Kelsie says in an eerie voice. The sound of her voice does nothing but piss me off as she is the cause for all this. She has taken my mate from me and must pay for it.

"No, she isn't dead. She can't be" Xander says but I know he heard and felt what I felt. He doesn't matter now. I throw up a shield in my mind so that he cannot stop me from taking this kelpies life. Nothing can stop me.

I rush forward with my speed and I grab the little bitch by her neck lifting her off the ground. "No, wait" she says as she tries to pry my hands off. I am beyond waiting. I want to watch the life drain from her eyes just as she probably did to my mate. She doesn't deserve any mercy.

"if you commit to something like this then we can truly go feral" Xander says as he pushes through my barrier. The thought gives me pause but in the end I decide that it will be worth it. I need to make sure that she will harm the mate of no one else ever again. I squeeze my hand tighter on her neck as I watch her eyes bulge with satisfaction.

"You have just declared a war on your kind from my own. To kill the mate of an alpha has sentenced me to a horrible death. But don't worry I will make sure that you reach your end first" I promise her with a laugh that I don't feel. Without my mate I will never feel anything ever again.

The water sloshes and splashes around me. So many scents fill the air but I still don't stop. I have only one goal in mind. If they decide to kill me after I complete it, then so be it. I look into her eyes with renewed strength as I squeeze her neck tighter when suddenly a chuckle fills the air. A chuckle that I would know anywhere.

I drop the vile woman and rush to my mate to see her eyes open. I become so overwhelmed that Xander easily pushes forward as we grasp her tightly against us. Tingles rush through my body as her warmth is returned and I almost cry with joy to know that I didn't lose her.

"What the hell was that big guy? You could have at least warned me" She says with a laugh when I finally loosen my hold. My hands still stay attached to her body in other places as I rub her cheek with my thumb. My dragon purrs in my mind but I can't help but get a bit angry at her actions. She has no idea how these work in this world.