Fifth

The air was fresh and pleasant, not too warm, not too cold.

Not long before the high tower of the castle appeared in front of us, I commanded Draco to make a right turn to bypass it. My legs were tucked in the stirrups, hands on the handgrip tightly.

I wasn't afraid that I'll fall down. Not like the first time: practice do makes perfect. Not to mention the occassions when I could spend some internal, spiritual time with the dragon, bracing our bond even more.

Also, it was a great activity when Morpheus was busy with his royal businesses.

"Now, Draco!" I cried out the command, my voice determined, not accepting any refuse.

The enormous beast acted just as I told him to do so. A few metres before the tower, he tilted his entire body rightwards. The wind took us rightwards right away, the not straight position also giving me a chance to look down at the royal castle.

Lucienne and Dream was nowhere to be seen. Only Matthew flew below, toward a green, little hidden-like forest, where Cain and Abel lived with Goldie, their baby gargoyle.

Hmm. Wonder what business Matthew had with those two.

Since Draco also required a little rest, not wanting to exhaust him entirely, I decided I'll take a visit at those two. I had only heard about them from Morpheus once we had been outside, rebuilding an outer area.

"Draco, land at Cain and Abel!" I told the dragon. "We'll have a rest here"

The creature cried toward the azure sky happily, taking a sharp turn to began descending.

We were down in no time, all Draco's pounced legs on the soft grass.

I slipped down from the saddle, giving the dragon a thankful pat on his humongous face. He seemed frightening with his look, yet he was as sweeet as a little puppy. "Lie down and have a rest. I'll visit these siblings, but I promise, I won't be long, alright?"

The dragon nodded, rubbing his face against my chest. I chuckled, giving him a last pat on his scaled face before heading toward the friendly-looking hut where the door was opened, sounds filtering outwards.

I had already been outside the castle a couple of times and already chatted with the residents. Everyone was way too kind and happy, so coming here as an option B really meant no plus anxiety.

Once Morpheus told me that he's also more relieved if I hang out either with him or his subject, or in just general, in his kingdom.

The explanation was simple, only one word: Tetra. Dream didn't tell me, but I was sure he was more anxious than usual because he still didn't know where exactly she was. Plus, any time I asked about her, he changed topic immediately. Lucienne told me there was nothing to worry about, still I promised myself I'll gain more information about this dangerous woman from somewhere.

Maybe from these two.

"Hello?" I asked, knocking politely on the opened door. It was a small, wooden hut, probably some workshop from the endless number of vases and other clay creations lining on the shelves.

I didn't get a reply, still I was way too curious to just leave. So I took on my poker face and slipped in through the opened entrance – right in front of a man with a beard and a pointy ear.

He scared the hell out of me so bad, my heart almost jumped out of my chest. Placing one hand where my heart was located, I gasping for air.

"I'm so, so sorry, Miss!" the man excused with his hands fiddling around each other anxiously. His eyes were running all over his workshop until he found a chair. With a gentle pat on my back, he pointed toward the furniture. "Come, sit down there, Princess"