Eleventh

We decided to show the others our set later, for Eddie's relief. He liked the clothes and all, but since he was a hungry man, he rather prefered a huge hamburger in menu than examining us for more than 5 minutes.

Rebecca and Mom were way more hyped about seeing us walk to them – especially, seeing Morpheus taking my hand, gently holding my little paw in his manly, long fingers. I tried hiding my blush, but with someone like my mother and my soon-to-be sister-in-law, it wasn't the easiest task. Their smiles were as wide as possible, even though they „tried" to hide them.

Before any of them could have attacked us with their overgoingly crazy hype toward us being a pair finally, I joined Eddie's idea of eating something. With that, I killed two birds with one stone: no embarrassing comments and a satisfied brother.

We chose a local restaurant, where the owner guy made the food himself. You could choose from various types of hamburgers, tacos, enchiladas, fries boxes and so on. I chose a sweet potato based fries box with coleslaw and BBQ steak bites, Mom choosing the exact same. Rebecca chose basic enchilada, while Eddie stayed at his usual order, an XXL BBQ burger menu. Morpheus said he'll just grab some bites from mine, he wasn't really hungry.

Now, that was a fact that made Rebecca bring up Morpheus's origin while waiting for our order.

It was only the two of us. The others chose to sit down and wait at the table, giving us some eventually personal privacy to chit-chat.

"Even though he's a grumpy, ancient god, he would give his everything for you" Rebecca sounded up suddenly, catching me off guard. "How did you end up together?"

My eyes widened. I didn't even dare to look at her, my heart was beating so fast. I didn't know if his secret could have been revealed or not. Still, there was no use to lie in front of someone you had been seeing every single day for years now. Plus, she was a History teacher.

"He needed help" I began my explanation. As the memories flooded my view, sweet warmness filled my heart. I even laughed out loud. "You know, at first I thought he's a stalker on the street"

Rebecca chuckled with me. "Well, he looks pretty unusual, you're not wrong with that. But why your help? I thought we don't have a witch in the house"

I smiled at her. "Well, I didn't know about my power either. He said that sometimes, when someone can't fall asleep, he visits them" I turned my attention back at the god, who seemed to enjoy his stay with my brother and mom. He laughed at something with them, his smile the sexiest I have ever seen. "I was one of those people. However, his special sand seemed to have other side effects on me beside finally being able to have a good sleep"

"You received from his power, I presume" the woman added.

I nodded. "It's invisible here on Earth. No gadget can detect it. But in his kingdom, in the dream realm, it is shown by my hair glowing"

"Can you use it here, though?"

"I think so" I shrugged, uncertain. "I only used his special sand here to travel. Maybe being able to use that counts as part of my magic... I rather used my power in the dream realm"

With pairs of questions-and-answers like these, time flew by pretty fast. The next we noticed were our orders ready: we grabbed them, feeling that some sort of special bond, something that happens only between sister-in-law and the husband's sister was formed between us.

~•~

"I think you look sexy in that black shirt" I shrugged in an acted I-don't-care style as we all exited my cooling, turned off car in front of our house.