Ninth

Third person's POV – The hell

Hasty steps broke the eerie cries and growls of demons in the semi-darkness.

The red-black light shone against the clothing of the owner of these steps, determined somberness sparkling in her eyes as the devilish light met them.

"Tetra, my dear" a familiar voice of a winged woman sounded, voice sly. The creature stepped forward, keeping eyes on the demon entering the spacious room. "Took you a long time to get back"

The woman bowed respectfully in front of her leader, her face showing true regret. She didn't dare to look up. "I really am sorry... I just made sure they don't see me. I had to be extra careful, Morpheus protects the girl with extra care"

The leader rolled their eyes, but didn't scold the woman anymore. They simply turned around, taking slow steps to the balcony to look out into the devilish world. The cries and malicious laughters of the demons were wonderful lullabies to their ears. They took a deep breath. "Is he with this Adeleine every minute?"

It took Tetra a moment to recollect her experiences about the inquired question. Sadly, she could only offer confirmation. "Now that I was discovered, pretty much yes. He sends his bird to watch her when he is busy. In her dreams he's also with her all along"

Lucifer didn't like what they heard. "There must be a given second when she's alone. What about the period when the bird and Dream change places?"

"Maybe that period" Tetra said. "But that's like a couple of seconds long, maybe a minute maximum"

Lucifer's eyes shone up with malice. They turned around their own angle, excited steps taking them to the woman. They placed their hands onto Tetra's shoulders, taking a deep look into her eyes from close. A wide smile, showing off all the teeth curled up onto Lucifer's face. "That's more than enough time, Tetra! Remember, we don't need much time; it goes differently in every realm... we just need a plan on how to kidnap this girl"