Sixteenth

My heart stopped beating for a moment.

It was all done to lure me in?

Realization hit me like a powerful snap right in the face with a frying pan.

She needed my power. My power to defeat Dream probably. And also cause unbearable pain for the god of dreams.

It was as easy as multiplying 1 by 1.

Still, I knew I couldn't let her see that she could brake something in me. I had to act just the same or even worse – as if it didn't even touch me at all.

And if I could learn one thing from my mother was that smile. Smile in every situation. It either fits the situation or makes others think that you're a psycho, better not to mess with.

Who would prove this more than the goddess of emotions?

So I did. I smiled at her, frozing her malicious expression waiting for my frighten. For a second, she let loose of her arm above me, giving me just enough time to bypass her with Dream's emergency powder left at me and pull her down with a powerful move.

She fell right onto the floor. I didn't hesitate to finally let loose of the negative emotions formed into a huge ball of power inside me. A huge ball of revenge, ready to broadcast that maybe I wasn't born as a goddess – still, I was ready to do the task no matter my origin.

Bang!

It came out as a shining, bright orb, bigger than my palm. With the speed of light, it dashed into the winged woman, sinking into her chest and making her eyes widen.

She pushed me away suddenly, causing me to fly back. Just before I could hit the wall, two strong, man-like arms grabbed me. I fell against Morpheus's chest, him receiving the pain from the push by the wall.

I couldn't move for a moment. Exhaustment ran all over me as if a lightning bolt would have done, leaving my tired, somewhat still human body behind. If it hadn't been for Dream holding me tight, I would have collapsed right on the spot.

He leaned closer, his chin on my left shoulder. He hugged me even closer. "Come on, Abbie, don't give up! You've done so well already, not many young gods and goddesses could manage such power"

"I'm trying my best" my words were as weak, thin and quiet, one could barely hear them. I leaned the back of my head against Morpheus's chest, panting heavily. My chest was aching like hell. "Where is Rebecca and Desire?"

"Sister grabbed Rebecca and helped her escape. They're out now at Eddie if my calculations are correct" informed Dream, to my relief. An entire Mount Everest rolled down from my chest.

The man nestled closer, hugging me tight. I could feel his so well known, so great scent in my nose, calming me even more. It made my head dazzled, everythig going way too smooth in such situation.

I had a very bad feeling.

I was made dazzled. Not just simple tiredness.

"Morpheus... have... have you just..." however, I couldn't finish my suspicion. I felt as my head became heavier and the world more and more black, more and more black.

~•~

I woke up to my head hurting like hell.

Hell.

Lucifer and Dream!

I gasped as I lanched myself into a sitting position, almost bumping my head against someone else's.