Chapter 22: Hyperfixations and Realizations part 1

*Stiles*

So to say Melissa was angry with my reason for going to the hospital was an understatement. She of course called my dad and Chris. So now Chris is actually no contact with Allison. He was aware we didn't get along, but I don't think he'd believe that she'd progress to physical harm. I feel awful. She never really liked me and it just got worse after the Nogitsune. And now, because we don't get along she doesn't have her dad. She can't be happy for him because she thinks I orchestrated it and played matchmaker. 

"Hey kiddo, what are you thinking so hard about?" I glanced up to see Chris. I didn't answer, just gave him a barely-there smile. 

"Don't do that."

"Do what?" I spoke quietly

"Don't act like I didn't just see the face you made. I know that look. It's the Stilinksi guilt face." 

"Stilinski guilt?"

"You and your father make that face when you feel guilty. So why do you feel guilty? And do not tell me it's because of Allison." 

"Then you're not getting an answer." 

"Stiles." 

I flinched. I know I can be annoying with my sarcasm sometimes. I heard him take a deep breath.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to snap at you." 

"I know." 

"So, why do you feel guilty for Allison's decisions?"

"Because there's always been something about me that she doesn't like. She really started to hate me when she and Scott started dating. Then after the Nogitsune tried to kill her wearing my face, well she absolutely despised me. Always thinking I have some personal vendetta against her. When she came here after she spoke with you about you and dad she swore I was playing matchmaker. And now because of what happened, you're no longer in good relations with your daughter. Hell, you're not even speaking to her anymore." 

"Let me bring you in on a little secret." Chris started crouching in front of me so that I'm looking at him. 

"Allison and I have never truly gotten along. She's always been close to her mother. Even after she passed. Allison lives her life the way her mother did. I tried my best when she was just a little girl to protect her from the corruption that is my family. But I couldn't. Kate and Gerard both got in her head and her mother allowed it. Hell, she encouraged it. It got to the point that my wish for my daughter to be herself got destroyed. She became what they wanted. It's her whole personality now and I refuse to let her corrupt and harm my new beginning. My second chance."

No tears. No sadness in his tone. Just pure determination. How could Allison hate a father who will fight to the ends of the earth for her? A father who loves and mourns the little girl she used to be? 

Kate, Gerard, and her mother all got into her head growing up. Chris is afraid of Allison corrupting his second chance. She became what they wanted. It's her personality, i.e. her degrading tone, her accusations. 

the manipulation of Scott's teenage boy hormones that are heightened because of his wolf....

Oh my god. She's manipulating Scott. None of the things he's said, kicking me out of the pack. None of that was his own thoughts. I should've seen the signs. I was possessed by the Nogitsune for fucks sake. I gotta do some research. 

*Chris*

Stiles abruptly got off and walked right passed me. 

"What happened?" I glanced at Noah who just came in the door.