43 | forty-three

After the bullying instance, Jungkook was still trying to make progress mentally. He was still rather quiet and kept things to himself a lot. He didn't like how upset his daddy has become over him being bullied, and he didn't like him blaming himself either.

Although the bullying has stopped, and his siblings were always picking him up from his class to go to lunch, he never voiced any concerns.

He really struggled with English, and refused to ask for help. Whenever he had a stomach ache, he would suffer through it, not wanting to worry his parents. He loved them greatly, and hated how upset that were when he was bullied.

He was still having nightmares of his trauma, but when he woke up at night, he would just climb into Yoongi's bed, and not talk about it in the morning. He had also stopped talking to his therapist again.

The parents were becoming worried, but they couldn't do anything besides taking the child to therapy, providing him love, and ensuring he was safe.

-

It was another morning in the Kim household.

The four elder children were already out of bed, dressed in their school uniforms, but the youngest of the bunch was not present. Hoseok was the first to notice the empty seat at the table, and when he informed Seokjin he was going to go get him, he left to upstairs.

When he opened the bedroom door to the youngest's room, he raised his eyebrows slightly as he frowns, confused by the empty bed. He also noticed the bed had what appeared to be a wet spot.

"Jungkook, where you at bun?" the father asked, looking around the room.

He was about to call his husband upstairs in a panic when he heard a whimper from the closet.

Carefully, he opened the closet door and noticed the young boy in the closet, Mr. Bun held against his chest.

Hoseok could only sigh in relief, "What are you doing in here, bun?"

Jungkook looked up to Hoseok and yelped, "I sowwy! P'ease no huwt!" he sobbed out, trying to shove himself further into the closest, trembling.

Hoseok squatted down to appear less intimidating as he frowned, "Baby, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm never going to hurt you," he spoke softly.

"I sowwy! No huwt!" He sobbed again, and Hoseok could do the only thing he could think of, thanks to years of handling Yoongi's temper tantrums and panic attacks. He quickly grabbed the boy and hugged him, the boy's back to his chest. Despite the boy kicking and screaming, he just held him tight, whispering sweet nothings.

He also was able to understand why the boy seemed so terrified. He had an accident. They had been informed by his therapist during the adoption process that he was abused over the most minute things, including when he had accidents at night. Apparently, they had finally been able to re-potty-train the boy about two weeks prior to the couple visiting for the first time.

This was a new situation for the father, however, he just held the boy until he stopped fighting, and was reduced to gentle crying.

Finally, the boy had finally tired himself out, and fallen asleep in his father's arms.

He then checked the time and his eyes widened in shock. He quickly grabbed his phone to text his husband, as he hadn't appeared to have noticed how long he had been gone, however he was met with a text already sent to him.

My Lovely Flower <3
"Hey, when you see this. I came to check on
you both and saw the situation. I took the boys to school and called us both out of work. I'll be home once I've dropped the kids off, and then we can help Kook."

sent ten minutes ago

Hoseok sighed in relief, before picking the boy up and cleaning him up, placing him to sleep in Yoongi's room. He then got to work on changing the boy's sheets, and placing the soiled ones in the wash.

When he was placing the sheets in the wash, he heard the front door open and went to greet his husband.

"Thank you," Hoseok sighed, hugging his taller husband and just resting his head on his shoulder, "He's tired himself out, so I cleaned him up and put him to bed in Yoongi's room,"

"You did a good job, love," Seokjin smiled softly, rubbing his husband's back, "You should go rest, since I know you didn't sleep well. I'm going to go get Koo, and then I'll come join you. Let's just have a cuddle day so he knows we aren't upset with him," he suggested.

"Yeah... I think he will appreciate that,"