7

(Y/N) PoV

I can't believe him. He wants me to go back to Gusu. I'm not really sure if I want that so I go and ask Wei Ying.

He wasn't helping at all. He just said that I need to figure it out myself. So I'm back at the beginning. I don't want to think about this anymore. I can still think about this tomorrow.

After I wake up I go eat something. Out of nowhere Wei Ying pops up with a cheeky smile.

W: "I found a solution to your Sizhui problem."

Y: "Really? What solution?"

W: "If you really want me to teach you, you can travel with us for a while. Afterwards you can still go to Gusu with your beloved Lan Sizhui."

My face heats up and I am sure it is bright red. How did he find out that I like him? Is it that obvious? Does Sizhui know?

W: "Don't worry, Lans are blind if it's about love, believe me I know what I'm talking about."

Y: "I guess you're right. Anyways that is a good idea. I will explain it to Sizhui later."

After breakfast I go to find Sizhui.

I run over to him to him to tell him that I will go with Mo Xuanyu and Lan Zhan for awhile. He looks a little sad but doesn't say anything. He just nods and we go our separate ways.

Timeskip to Jinlintai

It's been a while since I parted ways with Sizhui. Since then I learned a lot about demonic cultivation and Wei Yings past life. Lan Zhan, Wei Ying and I grew closer together. I kind of see them as older brothers of some sorts. Not that I would tell them that.

We are now in  Jinlintai because Lan Zhan invited us to find out what Jin Guangyao hides. It didn't go as planned and now everyone knows that Mo Xuanyu is actually Wei Wuxian and now we are on the stairs and surrounded by people who want to kill him. He pushes Lan Zhan and me out of the way. I am shocked and so is Lan Zhan. I can see it on his face.

JG: "...You even deceived Hanguang Jun and (Y/C/N). (YourCourtesy name)

W:"You're right."

L:"Wrong. We already knew he is Wei Ying."

Everyone looks at me for confirmation.

Y:"He is right."

There is some talking between us, mostly Wei Ying trying to convince us to pretend to not know anything. Obviously it doesn't work and we fight with the men. The second there is some space to escape we run down the stairs. On the bottom of the stairs Jin Ling stops us. We want to walk past him but he stabs Wei Ying in the side. I go to help Wei Ying but when Jin Ling got pushed and pulls his sword back he slices my arm a little. I look at Jin Ling and he looks at me shocked. I help up Wei Ying, Lan Zhan and I help him walk out of there. When we are far away we sit him down and Lan Zhan tries to help Wei Ying with his spiritual energy.

Timeskip after encounter with Mian Mian

We run to the place were the scream came from. At first there is nothing but then something jumps out and starts to scream. The second we see what it is Wei Ying and I start to laugh. After we talked a little we make our way to the burial mounds.

When we arrive we go straight to the cave. Even outside of the cave we can hear someone bickering. We go inside but stay out of their sight. Soon after we hear them fighting and shortly after I hear something I never thought would ever happen. I hear Sizhui snapping at the two bickering. We decide it is time to show ourselfs. Jingyi and Sizhui are happy to see Lan Zhan but everyone else looks scared. I look at Sizhui and see him smiling at me. I smile back at him but I have everything in view that happens in the cave. Wei Ying hands Suibian to Wen Ning and he goes to free the others. Obviously they are scared as hell because of the Ghost General even though he is asweetheart. I had a few encounters with him before and I don't know why everyone is so scared of him.

After everyone is free we start to talk about what happened and how Wei Ying is to poor to do something like that. Wen Ning went outside to disperse them but when we go to join him he comes flying back. We ask him what happened but then we hear a voice that explains everything. It's Jiang Chengs voice and he sounds mad. We go outside and there are a lot of people. Probably to kill Wei Ying. Those who were caught run to their Clan heads and families while Wei Ying, Lan Zhan and I stand opposite of Lan Qiren. He wants Lan Zhan to come over to him but he refuses. I look around and see someone I never  wanted to see again. My father. The person that crushed my golden core. The person who almost ruined my life. He takes a step forward and tries his best to sound concerned. He tells me to come over to him but I don't even think about it. He gets really mad and starts to scream like a maniac.

Father:"I crushed your core and you are still such an ungrateful brat?! I should've killed you when I had the chance."

He takes a step forward but gets stopped by Lan Qiren.

Q: "What do you think you're doing? He is a child that doesn't deserve to die nor that you crushed his core."

Everyone looked at me shocked. I don't know how to react so I just smile awkwardly. Suddenly puppets are coming and everyone starts to fight. But something weird happens. It seems like everyone lost their spiritual energy out of nowhere, so Wei Ying, Lan Zhan, Wen Ning and I jump forward to fight. It's not the first time I fight with them. On our journey together we fought a lot of people and puppets, which also means fighting with them got pretty easy. From the corner of my eye I can see them staring at me. I expected it because they didn't know I studied demonic cultivation. Shortly after the fight started I hear Sizhui scream that there is a circle that can protect us inside the cave but nobody moved an inch. At least until Nie Huaisang said if they won't get inside he will get in by himself. After hearing that everyone got inside except for Su She and his clan. After talking to him he also got inside. After everyone was inside we did too. The circle got activated and now we have time to figure everything out.

JL:"You don't have a golden core anymore? Since when?"

Y:"Since shortly after the lectures in Gusu started."

Everyone except Sizhui, Lan Qiren and the people I traveled with gasped. Also I don't know where my father went, he just vanished. After we are done talking about my non existing core we talked about who and what poisoned them.

 After getting exposed Su She ruined the circle and vanished Wei Ying decides to be the bait for the puppets while Lan Zhan and I are going to kill them. The other disciples want to help too but Wei Ying refuses. We go outside and Wen Ning disperses them so the rest could flee while we fight the puppets.