Chapter 2

A calm and soft smile rested on his face, which grew into a grin as Jaya and Vijaya, the gatekeepers of the Vaikuntha greeted him. After a long session of meeting, he headed straight towards the palace to spend some quality time with his beloved Chanchala. He looked around the place but she was no where to be seen, maybe she went to meet her Sakhis.

Hari went to their room sitting on the swing on the balcony, waiting for her meanwhile thinking about her. He layed down closing his eyes, her image flashing before him, getting lost in her beauty, her eyes, her beautiful smile, her sweet voice, her everything.

He sighed, "Priye, for how long are you going to make me wait for you?"

When a voice boomed throughout the Vaikuntha shaking the entire of the cosmos.

"So be it, I will take birth in your house as your daughter"

His eyes shot open and he instantly sat straight, slowly registering her words. His breath hitched, his red eyes dwelled up with tears. He closed his orbs to restrained them from falling but still a few teardrops betrayed him, escaping his eyes, staining his cheeks.

Brahma had already warned him, when he had just gone to Brahmalok, to discuss the next course of action. He told him that a major cosmic change was about to take place which would affect them, but never in the darkest of this thoughts did he think for once that destiny would act in such a cruel way.

"Would you really be gone, Lakshmi?"

An audible sigh left his lips, as he tried to calm the thoughts which were storming in his mind, mentally preparing himself for the pain of separate he had to bear.

Vishnu simply sat there, as still as a stone, his face was devoid of any expressions but his eyes clearly reflected the turmoil of emotions bursting out in his heart.

His face then changed back to being calm when he felt the presence behind him. He turned around to see Lakshmi standing there at the door, with her back turned towards him.

"Devi", He called her, with a loving smile adorning his face.

Lakshmi quickly wiped the tears which escaped from her lotus eyes before facing Vishnu, reciprocating the same smile as his.

"So you're finally back", She said, concealing her voice from breaking. "Why don't you freshen up, while I go and bring the food", she managed to say.

Vishnu simply nodded and left. When he arrived, he saw Shri had prepared many delicacies along with three varieties of sweet dishes He sat down on his seat, while she served him before getting seated on his left side, a smile still on her face.

He hated it, hated it how she masked up all of her torment behind her smile. No matter how much he adorned that smile of hers which was more beautiful than the cresent moon, but right now he couldn't help but be angry when she is trying to hide her emotions, especially from him.

Narayan also knew that his Chanchala would endure all the agony quietly rather than letting her beloved family being affected by anyone. He pushed all of his thoughts at the back of his mind and began eating.

Vishnu tore a piece of puri, dipping it in curry and held it infront of Lakshmi mouth", Devi! today I wish to feed you by my own hands"

Her eyes widened in surprise,

"But...Why s-"

"Why not", He interrupted her, motioning her eyes towards his extended hand. "Can't a husband make his wife, eat by his hands"

Lakshmi passed him a loving smile and opened her mouth eating the morsel from his hands, he noticed how the playful sparkle was back in her eyes.

"Narayan, usually a husband would do such things only for two reasons", her grin grew into a mischievous smirk, he raised an eyebrow. "One, when they make some mistake and the other when their wife is angry at them.