Chapter 1

The majestic beauty of Vaikuntha was not hidden by anyone, as the divine abode of the Lord of Preservation and His Queen. With nature, itself originated from there, it was common to be the place adorned by it. The magnificent landscapes, the huge mountains, the fresh waters and the enchanted gardens, the divine realm gracefully outnumbered the beauty of the heavens.

The gentle breeze filled with the aroma of flamboyant flowers were breathing a new life. The leaves dancing along the unheard tunes of the winds, free from all their sorrows. The giant waterfalls rushing down soothing the soul, the fresh grass covered in dew drops gave the illustrations of a green carpet decorated with pearls laid by the nature to protect the softness of the soil.

The trees stood tall in their pride, their branches weighed down by the delicious and mouthwatering fruits seemed to bow down to the divine couple. The birds chirping happily, singing the praises of the Jagat Mata and Jagat Pita , while the animals ran from here to there, carefree under the divine protecting them.

At the heart of the Vaikutha was the Shri Bhavan, the residence of the Lord of Universe and his Queen, the palace where the personal rooms were located. The walls were made of pure gold with the tall pillars embedded with the precious gems and stones. The grandeur halls connecting the different hallways. The palace was divided into numerous quarters, each specified for various purposes. The splendour and the luxurious beauty of Vaikuntha belittles the riches of even heavens.

The Queen of this divine abode was standing on the balcony attached to her room. A few little birds were flying around her. Usually she would be laughing and enjoying her time with her little buddies, listening to their harmonic twittering but today she was lost in her own world. She was moving back and forth, feeling anxious, as she knew what was about to come in her life.

Down on earth, at the top of the snowy Himalayas, a sagely looking man was sitting with his legs crossed in Padmasana, on a giant boulter covered with the thick blanket of snow. He was deeply immersed in his penance, the sound of holy chants he was chanting reverberated throughout the mountains.

One of the Saptarishis and Manasputra, the mind-born son of Brahma, Maharishi Bhrigu was been doing penance of Lakshmi to get a daughter from her as a boon. Though he had four glorious and knowledgeable sons, but his heart always desired for a daughter. To fulfil this utter desire of his heart, he decided to meditate upon the goddess of progeny, Santana Lakshmi, one of the Ashtalakshmi, the eight divine forms of Lakshmi.

His saffron robes had slightly become dirty for being in penance for many years. Some of the hair strands slipped out from his bun and his long beard reached till his chest. The freezing winds stung his skin continuously but he remained irresistible. A pious aura was oozing out from him.

He had been doing his penance for years and centuries and now the time for him to get the fruit of his hard penance was about to arrive soon now. His chants now echoed louder and louder, indicating his penance was almost over now.

Finally his penance was over and now his chants echoes throughout the cosmos summoning for her. With each passing second, Lakshmi was getting more and more restless. She felt a spark in her veins, forcing her whole existence to go where Bhrigu was calling for her.

Giving up, knowing what was about to come, Lakshmi took a deep breath and dissolved into thin air leaving behind a trail of golden sparkles.

********************

Though Bhrigu had completed his penance and now it was time for him to get what he sought, still Lakshmi was not her yet, but he kept calling for her until she arrived.