Chapter 13 ✓

Chapter 13: Spring day from the lips of an angel

•••

     "Is this... is this your house? It looks a lot like mine!" Taehyung says and then chuckles, while Yoongi just rolls his eyes, then slams him onto the couch and the other mutters something.

     Yes, the first time he was thinking of taking Taehyung at his house, but on the way, he realized that he could use Taehyung's childish and whiny side, also to his advantage. Maybe if Jungkook sees him like this, he will realize that the agent really cares about him. Yes, there are chances that this will turn out bad, and his friend will say something stupid, but he prefers to take the risk.

     "Wha- Yoongi hyung?"

      The man with black hair turns his attention to the voice in front of him, and as soon as he sees Jungkook with red and very swollen eyes, he instantly feels somewhat broken, although he would have no reason to. But somehow the boy in front of him reminds him of himself, even if Yoongi didn't go through everything the younger boy went through. But a few years ago, he was in a darker place too. His luck is that he managed to come to light. He hopes that Jungkook will succeed as well.

      "I know you two had a fight, Jungkook. This idiot came and started complaining to me." Yoongi tries to start the conversation in a joking tone, but the younger boy instantly moves his gaze to the floor, feeling more than ashamed and guilty.

      Because of him, Taehyung is in this state. Because of him, the older one is now drunk, and Yoongi had to bring him home. Because of his stupidity, because of his idiotic thoughts.

     As long as Taehyung wasn't here, Jungkook had time to reflect on their fight, on what Jackson sent him, on the fact that he knows where he is again, on everything. He also had time to do what he wanted so passionately for a long time - to commit suicide. And he even had an attempt, but after he took a knife from the kitchen, then brought it to his throat, the image of Taehyung appeared in front of his eyes. The image of a man he has known for a few weeks, who was smiling and looking at him as if Jungkook really mattered.

     And he put aside that image, then he tried again to hang on to that knife for his life, but Taehyung's voice forced him to stop. The voice of the man who kept telling him "Don't do it, Jungkook. Please don't." And he couldn't do it anymore. He could no longer do what he wanted to do for a long time. So he threw the knife on the floor, then started to cry non-stop, over and over, while tears streamed down his cheeks, and air seemed harder and harder to find.

    And what is the worst of all this, is the fact that he felt his and Taehyung fight, hurted him much more, than the fact that Jackson sent him those pictures, or that he knows where he is.

"Please trust me."

     Taehyung asked him to trust him, and yet, he threw that trust away. He chose to hurt him, because he is hurt at his turn.

"Maybe I don't know how determined Wang can be, but he has no idea how determined I can be either. And do you know why I am much more determined than him? Because I know, no matter what, I will protect you."

      And Jungkook could feel his heart racing with every word, but he didn't show it. No, more than that, he tried to push him away, more and more. And as usual, he managed to ruin what could have become something beautiful. A friendship even.

"Stop acting like I'm more than a witness for you. We both know what the truth is, so please stop making me feel like... there are people who actually care about me."