Chapter 3

Harry had just had the best day of his life. Once they had gotten off the train, they heard a voice.   " Firs' years over here, firs' years over here," It was Hagrid. " You alright 'arry." Harry ignored him and got into one of the boats with Draco, Crabbe and Goyle. He looks over to see Ron, Hermione, Neville and a girl with blonde hair get into a boat.                                                                                                  " Everyone in?" shouted Hagrid, who had a boat to himself, " Right then- Forward!" The group of little boats glided across the lake. After their boat journey, they arrived at two great oak doors. Hagrid knocked, a lady who wore emerald green robes and had her black hair in a bun answered. 

" Firs'-years, Professor McGonagall," Hagrid said.

"Thank you Hagrid," she said, " I'll take them from here" They followed her through the Entrance hall and into a room. Harry could hear talking from the hall, it seemed like the whole school was there.

"Welcome to Hogwarts, I am Professor McGonagall, one of the teachers here," she said, " Before you can enjoy your feast, you must be sorted into your houses, Griffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. They will be like your family here at Hogwarts. We will get everything ready for you while you ... smarten up." And with that, she left. Harry nervously, flattened his hair. Suddenly, he heard several people scream. About 20 ghosts had come into the room, they were all chatting amongst themselves when finally one of the ghosts noticed them.

"Everyone look, new students," he said, "About to be sorted, I suppose. Hope to see you in Hufflepuff, my old house you know."

"Form a line," said Professor McGonagall, "The sorting ceremony's about to begin!"

Sorry about not writing for a while, I had a bit of writer's block and got distracted with homework. I hope you're enjoying the story. -  Imogen