Meeting

The sun began to lower among the countless clouds, as lovely shades of orange and yellow painted the skies. A group of young men made their way towards a forest; hastily aware of what was to come. The night. Though it was both dangerous and welcoming, as the group would surely find their target. The Kami. As the teenagers trudged through the thick forest; the tallest of the group grumbled. His voice filled with irritation as he whined "Why the hell do we gotta do this at night?! Sounds kinda stupid to me." Kuwabara commented as to this the shortest of the group released a brief chuckle. "For once I agree with the idiot. Especially being what we are Kurama." His words hung in the air as heavy as the hesitation within the crimson haired boy. Hiei was right. This was indeed a dangerous endeavor. One so foolish that Kurama couldn't even fathom what Koenma was thinking. One does not toy with the Gods.

Kurama had seen first hand what the anger of a God was capable of; and now he feared that they were all walking into her clutches once more. Willing targets for her dangerous wrath. "I dunno what the hell Koenma's thinking, but whatever it is ill take it down." Yusuke commented his voice booming with pride which only irritated Kurama even more. Turning on his heels; his eyes upon the tall teen as he spoke. "You will do no such thing to her!" "Her? So it is a girl! I hope she's cute!" Kuwabara commented eagerly. "What's your deal?" Yusuke barked stepping towards the red haired boy, his gaze hardened at the defensive manner Kurama was acting. " You've been weird ever since we got this case. What the fuck is going on? " Classic Yusuke. A no nonsense person, it was simply who he was. And Kurama should have expected no less from him. Even so Kurama was not willing to speak of the Kami. Let alone his relationship with her. Not now. And maybe not ever.

"Koenma sent me here the night prior. I had no idea I would come across her. Let alone survive." Kurama informed. A lie. He knew it was, he only hoped that the others did not. "What happened?" Kuwabara questioned now visibly trembling in fear. He should be. "She defeated countless demons right Infront of me. And she punished me for invading her land. Most Kami are very protective of their homes. And she was no different." "I see. We should be on guard. I doubt she would enjoy us entering her forest. Let alone with demons like us." Hiei pointed out causing Kuwabara to swallow rather nervously. "Holy crap! If she takes you two out then that leaves -!" Kuwabara exclaimed irrationally as Yusuke rolled his eyes. "Chill out, we got this. God or not I have enough Spirit Guns for her ass." Yusuke reassured as to the Kuwabara relaxed Abit. Though his fear only grew as the light of the sun left their sight. Leaving a moonless night. Something that Kurama was both grateful and nervous for.

The short Hiei increased his pace, hands stuffed in his pockets as he soon ceased his movements. His eyes trained upon a faraway clearing. Where the flowers bloomed a strange flower of which only one of them men had seen. For it was Kurama's creation. A single white flower with petals of which were a cross between a bellflower and a spiderlily. The very same gift Kurama had given to the Kami years ago. And there before them was a bountiful field full of them. Their blooms giving off a distinct silver glow, alerting all of it's spiritual properties. "What the hell are we stopping for Hiei? It's just a bunch of flowers." Yusuke commented in an irritated manner. Stomping over towards the clearing to the dismay of his companions. Especially Kurama who shouted at Yusuke to stop. But the hard headed teen did not listen, as he stepped upon a single bloom. The act alone caused the ground below them to tremble.

As the winds began to howl at the horrendous act, carrying a voice that Kurama would never forget. It was hers. "You dare trample upon what is mine. And enter my home. You have sealed your fate." The voice was filled with righteous fury as Yusuke scoffed commenting that he wasn't afraid of a God. " Shut up Yusuke!" Hiei hissed as a pillar of light poured from the very garden Yusuke stood. It was from this light that a figure took shape. A gorgeous young woman with a flawless ivory complexion. Serene cyan colored eyes, that which could see into all. Long flowing raven locks which fell to her lower shoulders. While nestled within her locks of hair were slender, white horns which reflected the very moon itself.

She stood before Yusuke who momentarily stepped away from the ethereal being. As he could now sense the danger he had placed himself in. Her eyes never left the young man's as she outstretched her left hand for him. Yusuke was frazzled, aiming his Spirit Gun towards the Kami who simply smirked at his display. "Do it. Strike me down if you dare." Yusuke visibly trembled as he gathered a single shot of his "Spirit Gun". Aiming directly at the Kami's head. Kuwabara screamed for Yusuke to stop, but it was Kurama who chose to do something. Rushing towards Yusuke and the Kami, his breath caught in his throat. Kurama knew of the dangers. Knew of the anger the Kami held for him. But that did not matter now. His friend was in danger, and he could not stop.

With this Kurama stood Infront of Yusuke, his arms outstretched wide before the Kami. Her eyes seemed to flicker for a moment with perhaps familiarity, stopping herself from harming Kurama. Silently the Kami backed away from Kurama who shook his head towards her. "I can't let you hurt them, they are my friends." Though he did not know it, that single phrase rattled something within the Kami. Caused her very soul to weep. Friends. He had made new friends, and had left her behind. Gritting her teeth the Kami growled towards Kurama; tears of frustration streaming down her cheeks. "Was I not your friend as well; Shuichi?" Her voice riddled with despair as Kurama averted his gaze to the ground. Well aware of the questions forming in Yusuke and the others minds. Now everything had indeed come to the light. And there was no way of stopping what was to come.