Shaken Wrath

Kurama stifled back a agony filled cry; as his very skin bubbled before his eyes. Every fiber in his being screaming for him to stop. To release his grip on the beautiful yet dangerous Kami before him. But he couldn't. No, more like he would not. His trembling fingers reaching for the Shika Maiden's chin. Tilting her tear filled gleaming amber eyes to meet his. For Kurama's own not only held anguish but regret. He knew of the many wrongs he had done upon this world. But leaving her; was truly the worst crime of them all. He held her there, allowing the Kami to witness his own sorrow. It was then that the Kami sama released an audible gasp. Realization hitting the Shika Maiden, as she had allowed her emotion to swallow her.

A dangerous act for a being such as she, and the Shika Maiden credited this to her "current host". For this one in particular was a curious one. Born under the Full Moon. One of the symbols that bore the power of the Shika Maiden. She recalled appearing before the infant and her parents. For the new mother clutched the babe to her chest; pleading for the child to be spared. And this confused the Shika Maiden, as she had come across a few rarities like this one. Did she not know the history of her own people? Did she not know that being chosen as the Shika Maiden's 'Host' was an honor? Maintaining her humanoid shape; the Shika Maiden drew near. Her gaze downcast upon the sobbing human woman before her. "You have bore a child under my grace; you will give her to me." The Shika Maiden was not known to mince her words with others. And over time of protecting the thoughtless humans of the village; those who had forgotten it was she who protected them. It was she who kept them from the jaws of demons.

Once the Shika Maiden was deeply loved by the people she protected. For they had even crafted a shrine for the Shika Maiden. And it was that very shrine at the center of forest was where the spirit of the Kami slept. Awaiting for her new host to be born, and to continue her promise to the humans from so long ago. Clenching her teeth, the Shika Maiden held her transparent hand out for the infant. Who's mother clung onto her for dear life, while the Father remained utterly frozen in place. As he had heard the rumors of the Shika Maiden's exsistence. He never believed them to be true until she appeared to spirit away his own daughter. His wife screamed as her child faded from her arms and reappeared within the Shika Maiden's. The breathtaking Kami gazed down upon the child.

Who had strangely remained silent since it's birth, but the moment the infant's cyan colored eyes fell upon the Shika Maiden. The pact was sealed. A brisk wind ripped through the room, causing the Shika Maiden's hair and clothes to be strewn about in dismay. Her own gold eyes holding that of the infant's for nestled within the infant's raven locks appeared to small white horns. A true symbol of the Kami and her blessing. For those who kept to their old ways knew of it's significance. And would treat the child as such, for she would be the Shika Maiden. Protector of them all.

It was that night that started it all, the Shika Maiden's new life within the often silent child. Even as the young girl grew to the ripe age of 8. The young girl barely whispered. And at times the Shika Maiden believed she was mute. But that all changed, the moment they met him. Kurama. Upon meeting him in that forest years ago; the Shika Maiden's host spoke. For the very first time. Her voice filled the air. Surprising the Shika Maiden as she too took interest in the entity within the boy. She infact encouraged the friendship between her host and Kurama. Seeing the happiness he brought to the lonely girl. For she even began speaking to the Shika Maiden to her delight. As this was one of the first meaningful connection the Maiden had in centuries. But then everything changed. One night Kurama never returned to their meeting spot. And the Shika Maiden bore witness to the sorrowful sobs of her "Host". Her heart broken at the lost of her one and only friend. And yet now he was there. Kurama clutched onto the Shika Maiden, his skin peeling away and his screams piercing the air. But he continued. He would not leave her; not again.

It was moments before the Shika Maiden felt her host's consciousness stir within her. The young woman begging for the Shika Maiden to cease her actions. "Please stop!" "He hurt you, he hurt us. He deserves much more than this." The Shika Maiden hissed, but her host was adamant. Going as far as to call the Shika Maiden by her true name. This triggered the rash spirit energy around the Shika Maiden to cease. The air still sizzling with remnants of her energy; though for now her wrath had been qweled. Unable to stand, Kurama fell face first to the ground below. His body trembling in pain before the Shika Maiden; who's harsh gold eyes remained upon him. The Shika Maiden sighed at her host, commenting that she was too soft hearted for her own good. With that a white light swirled around the Shika Maiden, illuminating her features as her once snow white locks became that of a starless sky; which fell to her lower shoulders. It was a painful endevour but through a few winces of pain the Kami's slender white horns were slowly retracted to smaller nubs atop her head. Her lovely ivory skin remained though the Kami's powerful gold eyes faded to that of lovely cyan.

The air whipped around the young woman who ran towards the fallen Kurama. Her touch was ajaring to Kurama and caused him to squirm in discomfort. The young woman whispered a deep apology to Kurama before placing both her hands upon his back. Her eyes closed in concentration, the young woman collecting the spirit energy around her to do her bidding. Though it was true she was merely the host of the Shika Maiden. Being a host did have it's props. Though the young girl rarely spoke, she was rather gentle. And sought to aid others, and Kurama was no different. She allowed the Spirit energy to travel through the broken Kurama, his injuries slowly fading. Leaving barely a scar where his flesh had once been eaten. Releasing a sigh of relief the woman rose to her feet;unsure if it was time to speak to Kurama. Deciding that it was not, the gorgeous young woman took her leave. Her figure disappearing deep into the forest the Shika Maiden called home.

The young woman hoping that perhaps the two would cross again on better terms.