Otherworldly Reasons

Koenma eagerly awaited for "Team Urameshi" to make their appearance, as the toddler was already aware of their victorious capture of the Kami. In truth, Koenma was quite surprised that the teens were able to deal with such a task. After all Kurama was sent after her and ended up coming back with his tail between his legs. Surely this was a tough task, but this was Team Urameshi. The very same team that took the Dark tournament by storm. Decimating all in their path to victory, all led by a human. An annoying and hardheaded human but Yusuke Urameshi was useful. And had grown on Koenma despite his constant denial of it. All knew of his fondness for Yusuke. The school delinquent with a shot gun literally at his disposal. If this group could not capture the Kami than who could?

With these thoughts in his head Ogre barged through the doors of Koenma 's office. Who immediately began to shout at his employee for being so rude. "B-But Sir! Team Urameshi have returned!" "What?!" Koenma exclaimed nearly spitting out his pacifier. Unable to wipe away the expression of disbelief splayed across his face. They had done it. Excitement filling the small toddler; Koenma demanded that Ogre step out of the way for the group. As Team Urameshi emerged from the doorway; with what appeared to be a young woman in tow. And yet upon glancing at the woman, Koenma nearly screamed his head off. As he was unable to sense even a sliver of energy of any type coming off this woman. Eying Kurama now filled with rage; Koenma fumed. Demanding to know why the teens had brought a human to the "Spirit World."

Gently placing the unconscious woman in a chair; Kurama gritted his teeth before he spoke. Not caring for Koenma's attitude. For he was just as confused as he was. And this perhaps was what irritated Kurama most of all. He had known the Kami. Befriended her for quite some time. He had seen another side of her. One of curiosity and warmth. One that could replace her appendages with that of a deer. A being filled with generosity and mercy for all creatures under her care. Kurama had believed that he knew her. Priding himself on this fact. And yet it seemed that the Kami whom detested lies was infact a liar herself. "It maybe difficult to fathom but—that is the Kami." Kurama informed as Koenma eyed the woman, not believing his ears.

"Impossible! There's not a trace of energy in her. She's just a human—" "No we saw her with our own eyes. It was weird but that's her. Minus the antlers." Yusuke continued, recognizing the irritation building within Kurama. This was not like him. Just what was the connection between Kurama and the Kami? "I don't believe it." Koenma continued to mutter, climbing out of his chair to take a closer look at the human. She was indeed a charming young woman bearing a flawless ivory complexion and raven locks which was shaped into a bob. From what Koenma could tell she was nothing but a normal human. Turning his back to the slumbering woman, Koenma shook his head in disappointment.

However before he could utter a single word, a chill ran up the toddlers spine. As for the first time in quite some time fear trickled through him. Swallowing a lump on his throat Koenma eyed the teens before him. Each stepping back, their eyes glued behind Koenma. Trembling Koenma dared himself to turn on his heels as the once unconscious woman was overcome by a rush of divine energy. Fueled by a single emotion. Rage. From her lips spewed a horrendous cry of anguish, the woman's fingers still clasping a single bloom. The very same bloom that had aided in her capture. She had become soft. And this was not like her. However the Kami would be sure to show all her rage like no other. And she would punish those to pulled such trickery upon her. But first Koenma. The Kami could hear the panicked voice of her host pleading for answers. She was terrified. And this could not be forgiven.  "I will take care of this, do not worry yourself."  The Kami's voice echoing about the room. Her tone almost otherworldly as all could feel her urge to protect and destroy in their very bones.

And yet the Kami's words brought nothing but comfort to her young host whom relinquished control to the Kami. Seeking the protection bestowed upon her since a child. Slowly the blacked haired woman opened her eyes revealing cyan colored orbs which glistened with a silver hue. One that belonged to the Kami. Koenma shrieked rushing to hide behind the trembling Ogre as a flurry of wind encircled the young woman. Her gaze never leaving Kurama whom swallowed hard. He could sense ber fury. And there was nothing he could do about it. Remaining in her seat, the woman snapped her fingers as the wind coalesced about her form causing a pale white horns to sprout from her head with a sickening crunch. Gritting her teeth, the Kami placed a hand to her head as her raven locks were slowly dyed to that of snow. Her hair then continued to grow until stopping at her lower shoulder. In a mere second those eyes of her were replaced with that of gold. Which sparked with power. Now dressed in a low cut yukata with the hue of an empty sky, while the garb itself is outlined in gold. The Kami slowly rose to her feet, cutting the gust of wind she had created to reveal herself in all her magnifico glory.

It was with clenched teeth that the Kami spoke; her tone that of displeasure as she hissed. "You have some nerve Koenma, I never thought you to be so foolish." The Kami spoke addressing the trembling toddler who could still sense the malic oozing off of the Kami. He had made a horrible mistake. Tricking the Kami was something that might get him killed. As even Koenma's father shyed away from the Kami. Koenma was on his own. "I-I know we don't really have a good history; B-But I have my reasons for this! I knew you wouldn't believe me—" Koenma began only to be interrupted by thorn covered roots sprouting beneath his feet. The toddler screamed as he stumbled to his knees before the vines which shot through the air towards him. Only to be defended by Kurama who held his arms out before the thorns. Seeking to take the blow. And yet they ceased their assault mere inches from his throat. Kurama dared to turn towards the Kami whom held her right hand out towards him. This simple gesture seemed to be enough to halt the attack. For now.

With his heart pounding loudly in his chest, Kurama could not hide his blatant fear of the Kami. Who's amber eyes refused to even blink. She was watching him. Yusuke noticed this as well and took a chance aiming a shooting another "Spirit Gun" towards the Kami. Who released a low growl, dodging the attack with ease as the mass of spirit energy crashed against the wall behind her. "S-Stop please! You have to hear this—" Koenma called out a name, one that diminished all animosity that wracked the Kami. The name was one she had not heard in hundreds of years. She had nearly forgotten it. Her own name. Kurama stood, his eyes wide at the name. Another fact that he had not known. But he could not worry about that now. Releasing a deep sigh the Kami took her seat once more, a expression which was unreadable splayed across her face. "Tell me why you dragged me here and I might forgive your transgressions against me. The Kami declared as Koenma nervously shuffled towards the Kami before he spoke. "Your in danger; Kami like yourself are coming for you." Koenma spoke, visibly wincing as the Kami took quite some time before answering. Her voice low as she spoke "Let them come."