Frenzy & The Shika Maiden

Kurama left the Spirit World, hands in his pockets as his mind replayed the information given to him by Koema. The toddler who just so happened to be over "Spirit World" and known to give Yusuke and the others cases from time to time. But it was rare for anything besides demon hunting to be given to Kurama. Though things were susceptible to change, and they had indeed. As Kurama was given a mission of tracking down the source of "Spiritual Energy" in the city. "Demons are flocking to it, like it's a free for all buffet. But it's seems that whoever has this Spirit energy knowns how to use it." Koema began, continuing to suckle his pacifier. "What do you mean?" "What I mean is every demon that gets within a 800 meter range is decimated. We don't know who it is. But we need to find this person. There's no telling how much longer they can keep this up." Koema said all the while with crossed arms Kurama eyed the toddler. Knowing there was something more. "What else?" He barked earning a nervous expression from the toddler who groaned. "Okay, okay! Whoever it is could be a possible Spirit Detective candidate." "Is that all?" Kurama questioned once more still sensing that was not all Koema had on him.

Nervously Koema began to stamp a plethora of papers infront of him. Stating that that was indeed all, but Kurama wasn't buying it. Though he was sure of his assignment; it had been ages since Kurama had released his demonic energy. And was even looking forward to the encounters before him. Stopping in mid stride, Kurama turned his attention towards the forest which seemed to protect Mushiyori City. For within the forest Kurama could sense the utter bloodlust of demons. Without hesitation he took off running, searching for the demons through the dense forest. But soon his search came full circle; as the roars of demon echoed about the forest. Causing the birds among the tall trees to scatter. Knowing he had struck gold; Kurama made his presence known to the demons which eagerly circled him. Saliva dripping from their jaws as the demons cackled. "Look here a snack!" "Looks tasty! I call first bite!" This continued, the constant bickering among one another. To this Kurama smirked, his gaze upon the ground before him.

With that certain smugness never leaving him, Kurama effortlessly plucked a seed from his vibrant crimson locks. The seed within his grasp, Kurama began feeding his demonic energy to the seed. Watching as the seed began to take shape. Blooming into a lovely red rose whip, which Kurama snapped to the right. His gaze lowered upon the demons, counting his prey. That smirk still yet to receed. 30 demons in total, 10 were of A class. This Kurama knew but the rest were simply rabble. They would all fall to Kurama, just as they all did. It was soon that the demons charged at Kurama though their attacks were halted by an arrow; created with pure spirit energy. This arrow shot from the distance, it's creator keeping their distance. But the power scale of this person was not something Kurama had ever witnessed. As this glimmering where arrow hit a single Yokai square in the center of it's head. Though upon impact the Yokai released a brief shriek as it's very body was split in two. The two half's falling to the ground at Kurama's feet. A deep crimson pool forming before him.

In fear the yokai slowly retreated from Kurama, staying close to one another. Shouting that the attacker was to come out. All the while intrigued at the wielder of this. Kurama could sense the unique spirit energy in the area, and it was drawing near. It was then that the wind began to blow large gales about the area. Dust flying about, blinding the demons and even Kurama. But that was not what caught Kurama's eye. What did was what was at the center of this small windstorm. Slowly the twister ceased it's madness to reveal a breathtaking young woman with a flawless complexion. Stern gold colored eyes that see through any and all before her. Long flowing snow white locks which framed her face and strewn down to her lower shoulders. And white horns which reflected the very moon itself.

Kurama held back a gasp at the sight before him, his knees feeling as if they would buckle beneath him. Peering around Kurama noticed many of the demons stumbling to their knees in discomfort. Seeming unable to stand in the presence of this woman. And Kurama knew why, and most of all he knew her. For the very air around her crackled with endless energy, the woman gazed upon the demons before her. Her stern amber orbs swimming with anger, she opened her mouth to speak. Her voice indeed otherworldly, seeming to come from everywhere. The air, the ground below. She was everywhere. The woman's voice was like no other, it was warm and perhaps wrathful. "You dare to enter my domain? Wretched fools you have all sealed your fate!" She spat causing one of the demons to wail out. Exclaiming that he had no idea that this land belonged to a Kami. Let alone one as ancient as she was. But with a single arrow to the head, the demon was silenced for all eternity. The burning gaze of the horned Kami upon the others who roared in anger. Declaring they would die with their heads held high. To this the horned Kami cracked a cold smirk before breaking into hysterical laughter before all. And frankly it startled Kurama, sent a chill through his very veins.

He had heard of the ruthlessness Kami were known for. Infact many became insane, drunk on their immortality and power. Kurama wondered if she had fallen to that state as well. But his question was answered as the air around the Kami began to crackle quite visibly now with a hot white hue. In mere seconds a pulse of energy wiped across the area. Turning the demons before Kurama to ash. Her laughing fit now no more, the Kami turned her attention to Kurama who was glued in place. His own fear and regret staring him in the eye. She stood before him, her gold eyes hard upon Kurama. A stretch of silence filled the air between them leaving Kurama unsure of what to say. But he knew it was her. The very same Kami he had met years ago. And he had already witnessed her wrath. He only hoped he would not be on the receiving end of it.