Loak fluff

warnings ;; slight bullying/mention of bullying, reader being insecure, some fluff near the end.

(enjoy!)

-

You were born differently. The usual Na'vi has 4 fingers, but you? You came out with 6 instead. Your parents hoped everything would be fine with you, even after the Tsahík at the time insisted that you were perfectly fine and healthy, and that it was just an unusual mutation.

The festival was in full swing as the clan celebrated the newly mated couple. The music was loud, the drinks were flowing, and were dancing and laughing.

But you were not having fun. Instead, you're standing in the back corner, arms folded, trying to hide your hands. You hated that you always hid them away, but you knew better. You knew that if you didn't, all eyes would be on you, and conversations would start up about you again. It had been that way ever since you were a kid. Either you were teased for having 6 fingers, or being accused for being not being full Na'vi. No matter what- it was always something.

As you watched some people form a circle, holding hands and dancing together, you felt a pang of envy.. You had wished to join in, so badly, but you were much too afraid of allowing your hands to touch with anyone again. Your mind flashed to when you were young. The vivid memory of being called a freak, being called an alien, and the absolute hell of others threatening to sever your extra fingers off.. as if you weren't right in front of them.

Your deep thoughts were interrupted by Mo'at approaching you. "Y/n, come join us." She holds out her hand for you. "Do not let your past consume you. Allow yourself to have fun. With us, with your family."

Your eyes dart to hers, a soft gasp escaping your mouth as she startled you. You listen to her words, hesitant first at but eventually giving in after some thinking. She was only right, you can't live like this forever. You took Mo'at's hand and joined the circle. For a while everything felt fine, you had let your body relax as you let the fears you had fall away. You closed your eyes and danced, hips swaying with the music as you formed hands with the other people in the circle.

The music was beautiful, and the voices around you were soothing. You feel an abrupt yank on your hand and instantly opened your eyes, your tail going alert and ears perking up. You see Aonung and his friend Nashvi on each side of you, grinning at each other. "Ugh, fuck off!" You say in an attempt to pull your arms away from the two boys.

"Oh, now why are you struggling so hard? Trying to hide something from us aren't you?" Aounung teases. You whine and pull back again, already knowing the direction this is going in. Ever since you'd arrived to their village with the Sully's, Aonung and his friends would make it their job to bully you daily.

The two chuckle as Aonung lifts up your hand. "Look at this! What do you even call this freakshow? She's fucking gross, isn't she?" He yells out, pulling your arm and holding it in the air. The space around you goes quiet, all eyes now on you. You see some faces recoil as shame fills your body. "Stop! Just let me go-"

"..what the fuck is that?"

"Does she have- six fingers?"

"Ma Eywa.. I've never seen anything like that.."

"So unfortunate.. poor girl... I feel bad for her parents"

You begin to hear multiple voices murmer around you as tears well in your eyes.

"Oh great mother.." Neteyam speaks under his breath, watching everything unfold.

"Huh? What's going on?" Lo'ak questions while stuffing his face with Teylu that Neytiri had made. He looks up to see a group of boys pushing you around and messing with you.

"6 fingers? Really? Eywa could've made you a simple freak with 5, but she just had to keep going!" Aonung says as him and his peers continue to laugh at you.

".. fuck" Lo'ak mutters, making his way toward Aonung and pushing him by his shoulder. "Leave her alone, fish lips. I'm not gonna ask you again." He sternly demands.

"Ohhh? Two freaks now, I see.. Just makes this freakshow even better!" Aonung ignores Lo'ak's warning. Lo'ak slaps Aonung and grabs your arm, pulling you next to him and gripping your hand.

"I'll beat your ass again if I have to, bitch. Don't make me fuck you up." You stare at Lo'ak, impressed at his confidence.

With your hand still in his, he walks you over to a secluded area on the shore and sits you down as the bioluminescent plants around you move with the wind. You cry out, covering your face with your hands. "What's wrong with me..? Why can't I just be normal, like everyone else.." Tears stream down your face while your heart consumes itself with pain and humiliation.

Lo'ak places his hand on your shoulder, feeling empathetic towards you. "I know how you feel, y/n" he says softly. "I have an extra finger too, remember?" You looked at him, wiping the tears from your cheeks. "I know.." You sniffle. "I just wish.. I wish they'd accept me, you know? Ever since I've been here.. I have nothing but nice to them.. and I get this in return? I'm tired of it, Lo'ak. I'm so fucking tired.." You speak through broken cries and sniffles.

"You're not alone," he continued. "And you're not gross or weird.. You're just different, just like me." He cups your face and wipes your tears, giving your wet cheek a soft kiss. He intertwines his fingers with yours as he turns your head to face him. "And after tonight, Aonung and his friends will never bother you again okay? I promise."

"W-what are you gonna do?" You ask, a shuddered sigh coming from your mouth while looking into his eyes. "Doesn't matter, mama. All that matters is that I'm gonna take care of it. You know I've got you." Lo'ak reassures, patting your head. Your eyebrows narrow as you smile, bringing Lo'ak into a hug and resting your head in the crook of his neck. "Thank you, Lo'ak.."

He rubs his hand across your back, holding your shoulder and pulling away from the hug, wholeheartedly gazing into your eyes. Lo'ak licks his lips, opening his mouth to say something, visibly nervous. "..I see you, y/n."

Your pupils widen, tail flicking back and forth in excitement and content after hearing his words. A great feeling of ease washes over you, it feels as if you've finally gotten the one thing you have been waiting for. You look back into his eyes with a soft, loving gaze.

"I see you, Lo'ak."

oh my lord , this is lowkey the first fanfiction i have written, so just be nice and don't hurt my feelings pls! 🫶🏽