SWING SET - Colby

Started writing - 11th September 
Finished writing - 12th September

....

"Colby, I don't understand why I cant know where we're going. Do you know how much anxiety is in my body right now?" The brunette didn't even bother replying, rubbing his hand on my thigh with a sigh, "And it was really fucking dark when we left, so it's probably pitch black now."

"Y/n, love. Please for the love of god, be quite for two minutes. We're almost there, it's meant to be a surprise." With a huff I attempted to turn away from him as much as I possibly could, crossing my arms like a child. All this earned was a slight laugh, which to me sounded like a huff of air. 

"I don't like surprises, you should know that." A frown was prominent on my face, though if anyone was to look they would only be able to see the stuck out bottom lip that had also been added to the effect of my childlike behavior. 

"We're here, Y/n." Colby's voice was a whisper as it was the first noise that was made in the overly silent car.

"Finally! Can I take this off now?" No reply came but a loud thud, "Colby?" The door was quick to swing open, causing a squeak to fall past my lips not expecting the sudden movement.

"Sorry love, that's my bad." Colby then took my hand, leading me out of the car attempting to keep the blindfold on my eyes; still not wanting to foil his own plans, "Ready?" I was quick to nod, waiting for him to untie the cloth.

"Holy shit." The blindfold fell and my eyes light up. Walking around, what seemed to be an abandoned park, spotting all kinds of graffiti and tags throughout, "This place is stunning."

The weeds had started to take over the equipment, leaving them to all look almost post apocalyptic. Everything felt just right. The flowers, that grew between the cracks, were being hit perfectly being the moon. The wind stopped the night from feeling muggy and had left us with a slight shiver up our spines, leaving us to stand closer than before. Nothing had been taken over truly by the elements, it seemed almost taken care of.

"You like my surprise?" I'd almost forgotten Colby was here, to dazed to give him any true attention, "I know you like it when abandon places that end up untouched - frozen in time I guess? A fan sent me the directions to it."

"Colby, this place this beautiful." I'd never seen Colby smile so widely. The light of the moon seemed to highlight all his perfections leaving myself with a sappy smile as I walked back towards him again, "Want to go on the swings with me!" 

My smile was big, feeling as though I could finally relax - enjoy myself.

"Wait for me, Y/n!" Colby was quick to try and follow me, weaving between the different obstacles trying not to trip and fall on his face, "You're going to fast!" Colby's voice was cut short, followed by a quick thud to the ground

"No way!" My laugh was viscous, echoing throughout the empty park. He was quick to follow along and laugh also at himself, "No way you just fell on your face." My body was hunched, trying to gain my breathe once again, heaving as giggles kept escaping every so often.

"Stop laughing and help me up." Slowly my feet dragged to him, still giggling every so often. We eventually made it to the swing set, not after multiple 'mini breaks' as Colby called them.  

"I still can't get over this place." A short sigh and the slight sway was all I really needed to feel content in the moment. Soaking up the time alone I had with the taller brunette.

"You look angelic." His words remained at a whisper, taking my hand in his searching for my eyes attempting to gage my reaction. It felt like the air had been knocked out of my lungs, staring back at the boy that had not only made me fall in love with him but my life. His stupid little face was the reason I did anything.

"You look... alluring." 

"Is that a good or a bad thing, y/n/n?"

"Nothing you ever do is a bad thing, Brock."