Prologue I

"Devi"
(Goddess)

Who resides who in every atom of the universe and
Who is resident in our heart too

The one who has infinite forms, with infinite names.
The one who is a mother for some,
and the manifestation of nature for others.

For some, she is Shakti, for some she is Bhakti.
For some, she is Lakshmi, and for others she is Saraswati.

But in reality, who is Devi?
Why did the infinite and endless energy, had to take the forms?

To know the answer, first it is necessary to pose the question and the answers to these questions are found only when one rises above from their pride.

And this story begins with the pride of Brahma,
from the time when the universe was created.

*******************

Darkness was spread everywhere. The universe was as calm as ocean. In nature nothing existed before. Not even truth or lie , life and death.

If something existed, then only a faint sound "Om". The frequency of this sound, increased so much, that it pierced through the darkness and took the form of an energy.

The energy divided into the three sphere and took the form of the heavenly looking, male deities, who seemed to be in deep meditation.

First one having a golden complexion, he was attired in white, sagely clothes. He had four heads, with each faces pointing towards a cardinal direction and the one facing upwards. His naturally white beard and hair representing his sage like experience. He had four hands, each hand holding the Vedas, Mala (rosary beads) , sruva ( laddles used in yajna ceremonies ) and a kamandala.

Second, was a beautiful young looking god, with a glowing complexion, the color of rain clouds. His closed eyes looked like the petals of a red lotus bud . His yellow garments perfectly draped around his warrior like physique. Adorned with various jewels embedded with precious gemstones, he appeared as an emperor. Shrivatsa mark proudly shining on his broad chest, representing his internal potency. His each of the four hands were holding a Shankh (shell),Gada (Mace) , Sudarshan Chakra (disc)and a fully-blossomed Lotus.

Lastly, was the god in the form of an ascetic yogi. He was complexion as white as snow. He had three eyes. His third eye representing his knowledge. A serene smile adorning his face. He was wearing an animal skin. His matted hair reaching his waist. The cresent moon adorning his head. He held a trident, a damru, a Parshu (axe) and Rudraksha mala.

The sagely looking god, Brahma was the first one to open his eyes. Assuming himself to be alone, by the dint of the non ending darkness covering the surroundings as a blanket, he thought of himself to be the supreme one, Parabrahma, with pride taking over his mind.

Under the influence of this pride, he started creating the universe, but every time he created it, there was something missing and the universe would fall apart. Due to his constant effort but still failing, he thought to investigate the matter.

Getting up from his throne, he looked around himself and found a stem attached to his throne, leading somewhere. Curiosity kicked in him, and he began to follow the stem to find out where it was leading to.