A hypnotic dance (Chongyun)

(Ignore the fact that I haven't written on wattpad in a year 😋)

MC: Chongyun
2nd MC: Himawari (Yin spirit oc)
Name pronunciations: Him-ah-var-or
Meaning: Sunflower

Basic plot structure: The pale blue haired exist finally meets the elusive Yin spirit that's been protecting him since birth dispite the pain his energy brings her.

Fwssssh fwsssh

The sound of the wind rushed through chongyun's ears and made him smile satisfactorily. It had been quiet. Not a peep about the Yin spirit that had been haunting the hills, no teasing from Xingqiu since he was helping out the traveler with tasks.

The silence in the past few days had been satisfying. But also unnerving. The icy exocist had been following the Yin spirit for days and yet all of sudden: it had vanished.

But it was terribly strange...

As if...It was helping..

At night when he returned to the camp he had made, there would be a pile of sticks waiting for him to start a fire and cook something. When he was low on popsicles and had to find more ingredients to make some, he'd return to his tent and find a small -definitely stolen- treasure hordar bag filled with cryo whopperflower nectar or slime considerate.

There had been a few mist flowers and sweet flowers for good measure.

Chongyun had been curious, wary, and rather frightened. Part of him believed the spirit was trying to lure him into letting his guard down. But another part of him was flattered- almost flustered at how sweet this spirit was being.

Then.

He got to meet the spirit who had been giving him all these little items for his popsicles.

He had been doing a patrol before he went to sleep. Keeping a hand ready to reached into the weapons void (where the weapons go when the characters aren't using them🏃) and another by his pocket ready to pull out a sigil to vanquish the spirit haunting the valley.

A gentle melody floated over the grasses, through the trees and made its way to the attention of the exorcist. He turned around and crept forwards through the white flower covered bushes. While the gentle melody got louder, Chongyun's face popped through a clump of grass and what he saw, was surprising.

The spirit that had been both been the hunter and the prey was dancing in a clearing ringed with the pretty white flowering bushes that the exorcist soon recognized as roses.

The melody he had heard was coming from a delicately carved bamboo flute with designs of ice along its green wooden surface. The spirit playing the beautiful instrument was twice as pretty however.

Her loose brown hair floated around her body as she danced, the moonlight lighting up her pale and bloody close eyed face. A simple pair of deep blue pants swished in the wind currents as she moved and the half-cut black top jingled with the silver and amythest decorations.

The belt on her hips was set unevenly across her waist and a small potion bottle that hung at her side glittered in the silver lighting.

There was a small leather loop on her belt that was presumably for the flute she played in her hands. A silver outlined dendro vision glittered green as she twirled.

The notes slowed and came to a stop as Chongyun realized that she had seen him. The flute was lowered to her chest right above her upper-half. A pair of sparkling green eyes met with his and she waved.

"Chongyun!! I've been waiting for you to show up!" Then, he recognized her.

She was the strange woman he'd seen as nothing but a toddler. The woman had appeared three times. Once to protect him when he'd wandered off into the outskirts of lithe and ran into a group of hillichurls.

A second time when he'd almost fallen off a roof while training. She'd grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back from the edge.

And a third time about a year ago when he'd almost choked on a bit of popsicle and almost died. She must have somsone gotten it out of his throat before he choked.

Chongyun stood, dumbfounded.

He was supposed to vanquish this spirit?

She hadn't hurt him at all. Merely protected him from times he could have died.

And now she stood, smiling at him with a flute in her hands and a vision sparkling at her hip. She had a vision of all things. How was he supposed to harm a spirit with such a pure blessing. In a circle with a flower symbolizing purity and innocence.

He had been so lost in though he hadn't noticed her move forwards and take his hand gently. He winced as her hand became see through and began dissolving.

"Would you dance with me?"

A pure request.

He found no words, just simply nodded.

The spirit pulled him out into the grove and began waltzing with him in a slow, graceful ballroom style dance.

His hands rested on her hip and on her shoulder. While his touch made her see through, she didn't seem to mind. The spirit simply smiled through it all and a flute began playing in his ear.

They danced until he was out of breath and the spirit was almost see through entirely.

Panting, the exorcist fell to his knees and began taking in bigger breathes.

"Himawari."

He looked up.

"Wh-what?"

She smiled at him and pressed her lips to his forehead. Whispering against his skin as the sun rose behind her.

"My name. Is Himawari.."

And she vanished in a flutter of white petals.

He'd see her many a time after that encounter.

Some pleasant.

Some pleasurful.

But all left him breathless.

And all he would know before falling into a peaceful slumber for years to come.

Was the gentle melody of a flute, soft hands caressing his hair and the smell of a pure rose.

Authurs note:

BRO THIS TURNED OUT SO WELL IM SOBBINF

See himawari's original lore was that she stalked our dear exorcist OR (the alternate) She was the ghost of a past love haunting a certain forest ranger *cough cough* Tighnari *cough cough* deperate to keep him safe after her untimely death :)

I love making angst ass filled OC backstories 🏃

Lemme know if you wanna see her og lore for tighnari or chongie boy <33

1078 words <3