Chapter 1

Not proofread.

English - Italics

English - Italics

Jungkook POV

Present time

-Jeon Company Headquarters-

-------

The sound of my fingers pressing down the keys on my keyboard filled the silent room. I was doing school in my office. I scratched my head in confusion when a particular question popped up, I was never able to get it right. Frustration began to bubble up in my stomach as I stared at the screen blankly.

This was a very common occurrence in the Jeon Company Headquarters. I would often do schoolwork and consult my father on important decisions regarding the company during the week and on the weekends I took business lessons with my private tutor.

My parents took education and business very seriously, and put unrealistic expectations on me. My older brother, Junghyun, was the director of our family business and my father was the chairman. Since my brother refused to succeed my father and desired to keep his position as director since he said that being chairman was too much pressure and responsibility, that left me to succeed my father.

If I didn't reach my parent's expectations, they would give me such disappointing looks and would take away my socializing privileges. Or in simple words, ground me.

I had to have at least an A minus in every subject and I had no say in my career choice. I had once brought up wanting to work in the music industry when I was thirteen, but my parents merely laughed in my face and told me that I could choose my career path in my next life.

My eyes wondered over to the picture displayed on my desk. It was of my brother, father, and I back when I was a young child. I was sitting on my father's lap and my Junghyun was sitting next to him. My younger years were a simpler time.

I was taken out of my thoughts when I heard the office phone ring. I picked up the receiver and put it to my ear.

"Jeon Jungkook?"

"Yes, how can I help you?"

"Did you make a reservation at our hotel in Los Angeles?"

"Yes, I did."

"Well, Mr. Jeon we can push up your reservation by two months. Would you like to come down here tomorrow?"

"Yes, that sounds great. I'll be there."

"I hope you have a pleasant week Mr.Jeon, I hope to see you tomorrow."

"Okay, thank you."

I hung up the phone and smiled happily. I had made a reservation to go to Los Angeles without my family knowing, so that I could have a break from the stress of my daily life. I would be gone for about two weeks and would hopefully come back refreshed and ready to work.