𝓛𝓮𝓽'𝓼 𝓜𝓮𝓮𝓽

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 1.

a dawn adorned with yellows and oranges, a beautifully painted picture. The fog was expertly painted as it emerged from the landscape. On a faraway hill, there are delicate puffs of white sheep. Impressionist-style grass fields were cut by a row of trees with broad branches. It depicts a picture-perfect English landscape.

After then, an odd thing happens. The picture contains movement. A car. It moves across the picture, moving across our field of vision in a completely horizontal, straight line. Then, that masterfully painted fog starts to rise after becoming unfrozen. The carefully drawn sheep have been herded up the hill, and we now understand that this is no longer a picture.

This is real.

Evelyn Houston, in her late 20s, was dozing off in the backseat while the outside world passed by outside the car's windshield. She is attractive in the "Everyone's First Love" type of way and has long, wavy hazel hair that is beach-style. Nothing peculiar or unusual is discernible. We already know she is abroad; she is a stranger in a familiar place and is unquestionably the protagonist of this tale.

While still sleeping off, she twists her head and starts to snore softly. Her top dress button opens at the same moment, exposing a demon necklace that is dangling between her barely perceptible bra line. The driver notices he is an elderly-looking man with more hair on his ears than on his head in his rearview mirror. He fervently moves his mirror back and forth in his room to get a good look at her clothing, particularly that cleavage.

The Driver mutters an expletive before diverting his focus back to the road just in time to witness Evelyn move once again, her shirt closing. He sighs in defeat and returns his whole focus to the road.

The car came to a stop, and Evelyn was shaken awake from her sleep. When she looked out the window, she saw an old, two-story building with large barred windows. The windows gave the building an eerie look as if it was glaring at her with lifeless eyes from behind the leafy trees.

Evelyn is still curled up in the back seat while the driver circles the vehicle there. Before letting her in, he gives the door a quick knock. For the first time in a very long time, Evelyn stood alone and took in her surroundings. The driver had already removed her baggage bag and had set it down between them and beside her as she was doing so.

"Miss, does it still appear the same?" The driver questioned, observing Evelyn's extreme weariness of her surroundings and her childlike expression of worry as she looked at the mansion-like house. He also was curious to hear her voice to determine if it matched how attractive she appeared.

"Yes. each and every inch," Evelyn muttered. Her eyes were still fixed on one section of the structure, thus her speech satisfied all of his desires. She seemed to have been most interested with a specific bedroom window.

The driver hands a letter after removing it from his pocket. Evelyn spreads it open to show a lengthy, flowing calligraphy in exquisite style. The driver responded before she could read it, "Heelshires left the building. Miss, they apologise and ask that you wait in the parlour," said he. Evelyn glanced swiftly between the letters before grinning appreciatively at the driver and having him carry her bags inside the home.

As soon as possible, he went, leaving Evelyn by herself in the parlor as requested.

Her eyes began their exploration of the space as she delicately laid the letter on the glass table in front of her. She was experiencing hazy memory relapses. But the first thing she observes is that one side has no windows. In actuality, as we'll see, the whole back side of the home is devoid of windows.