𝓕𝓲𝓻𝓼𝓽 𝓖𝓪𝓶𝓮

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 13

Evelyn is laid on her bed and spread out. She had dressed in a tight black dress that reach below her knee with a slit that reach just enough to show her thigh. She wasn't going out or anywhere, just that she loves to dress up nice and pretty when they play a game, especially with an outsider joining in the fun.

She just needed to wait a few more minutes before the timing is right to start the game.

Evelyn was grinning when she heard Greta scream, followed by the sound of a glass breaking on the floor. Evelyn finally got out of bed and went to the hallway, just in time for Greta to come out. She, who was quick to put on an act, enquired, "What's wrong; did you drop something?" in bewilderment. Greta was ready to answer when Evenly gasped and gazed down to say, "Your dress is destroyed," to the nanny's outfit.

Greta exhaled a puff before asking, "Did you put the doll in my room?," but her eyes were still darting down the hallway since she didn't think Evelyn would intentionally frighten her, which is true. "Doll? Brahms? Not in his room, is he?" Greta was duped into thinking that Evelyn was innocent when the girl played the innocent card.

Before anything more could be questioned or asked, the sound of a broken telephone voice filled their ears. It was Greta's sister through the phone, the nanny turned away to quickly ease her sister's panic while Evelyn carefully followed behind with a frown at the knowledge that Greta had a family, one especially that seems to care. This could ruin the plan but Evelyn will play along.

Greta wasn't disturbed when Evelyn entered her room since she was too preoccupied with her convocation with her sister to be distracted. The doll resting peacefully in the room's corner caught the attention of both women. The nanny gave the doll a moment of her full attention before Evelyn turned her attention to the images on Greta's nightstand. With the distracted Evelyn, she then kicks him hard, sending Brahms tumbling to the end of the corridor where he collapses against the wall. Closing the door behind her so that Evelyn didn't search for it.

"I'll find a new dress for your date, should I?" Evelyn glanced at Greta from her shoulder before rampaging through the woman's closet without even waiting for permission. Greta was reddening too much by Evelyn calling her and Malcolm's outing, a date, to care. Blushing hard, Greta ends her call with her sister to head to the shower, leaving Evelyn full access to her room.

As Greta enters the washroom, Evelyn casts a quick glimpse at the door as it closes behind her. Evelyn left the room with a sly grin on her face and went to get the Brahms doll that had been kicked but was nevertheless sprawled on the corridor.

Evelyn felt a presence behind her, standing so near, as she adjusted the doll's attire. She remained silent and didn't even try to greet or acknowledge him. Evelyn could only feel the cold, hard surface of the mask when Brahms leaned in and kissed the side of her face. He then turned around and walked inside Greta's room, leaving Evelyn alone in the corridor.

Positioned the doll once more, this time properly, in the hallway. Evelyn cast a glance between Greta's bedroom door and the stairs, which were her intended destination. She couldn't help but feel offended that Brahms would abandon her so rapidly, but she promptly forgot about her feelings when she was reminded about the game and just the taught of hearing her scream her heart out brought a smile to Evelyn's face.

She loves a good scare.

Heading down to the kitchen, Evelyn prepared some fruit to enjoy herself in the meantime. Clustering her way into the kitchen, dropping a few items in the process of it. Her mind was processing with thoughts on how Brahms was planning on scaring the nanny, the male didn't even want him of anything. But most especially she wasn't expecting a scream of her name to suffice the entire house.

"EVELYN!" Definitely from Greta. before she even had a chance to reply. Greta hastily descended the stairs in search of her with only a bed sheet covering her. Her eyes fell on the kitchen, where Evelyn is quietly munching on strawberries while staring at Greta with confusion, "Yes?" / "My clothes are missing! Nothing remains! Where have you hid it!" Greta's hands were trembling in fright as well as the knowledge that it would be nearly impossible for Evelyn to conceal anything in the course of a short while, especially after seeing a plate of fruits by Evelyn's side, all cleaned and scrubbed. It suggested that the girl had spent more time downstairs to be hiding clothes.

"First, calm down. Panicking won't help," Even though Greta was calmed by Evelyn's warm personality, she didn't see how Evelyn secretly wanted to snicker and grin due to how easily alarmed Greta was. Wow, just by hiding some garments. "It wasn't me, though. I came down here to get some fruits after choosing a dress for you," Greta nodded in agreement to Evelyn's explanation, which made sense to her as well, especially considering how wet and glistering Evelyn's eyes become from having been unjustly accused.

Evelyn had provided Greta with several justifications for why the clothing may have vanished, most of which focused on the drinking. "You must have drunk too much, and had strange visions." Evelyn pats the older woman's arm and nudges her toward the stairs. "Why don't you go upstairs, get changed first. You could even use my clothes. I'll be back up after I clean the kitchen."

Greta tentatively looked up the stairs and at Evelyn, not wanting to be left alone. When Greta eventually moved her feet, it was because Evelyn had given her a wonderful, motivating grin. Evelyn observes the woman cautiously making her way upstairs as if she were about to blow up at any moment. She eventually chuckled after holding it for so long, but it wasn't loud enough. "This could be more fun than planned," Evelyn said.

Evelyn never kept to her word, she remained downstairs and hidden from wrecking anymore of Brahms's plan. Just enjoying her snack from the bottom, playing some classic music, and the soon-to-be screams filled from Greta's

Meanwhile upstairs, 

Greta had just reached up and as if in slow-mo rewind she took a few steps back, her eyes staring straight through what was in front of her. The attic stairs had been descended as if someone had run upstairs and waited for her. She knew for sure this time it wouldn't be Evelyn as the girl is downstairs. "I know you're up there! I've called the police!" It wasn't true but there was still no response. Dreed silence.

The steps up to the stairs, staring into the darkness of the attic were starting to freak her up.

"You better come down right now, you pervert!" The wind picks up outside. The windows shake and rattle harshly. The house groans terribly from the harsh weather outside, "I have a gun! A big fucking gun! And I'm from Texas, I know how to use it!" She looks around the empty house, wondering why Evelyn wouldn't hear her panicked voice and was about to call out for when but her brain had finally picked out the music.

She was so scared and focus on the attic that she ignored her surroundings. Talking about surroundings, Greta did a quick scan around her, then to Brahms Doll that was in the corner of the hallway, now neatly seated. "Don't go up there. Go into your room and lock the door." As if against her will, she takes a step on the first rung. Then the second, third, fourth and so many more. Now, if she steps on her tippy-toes she can just see into the attic. She lifts herself, slowly, gradually, just enough to peek into the pitch-black attic.

"I know you're up there!-"

WHOOSH! The stairs raise underneath her. Greta scream the loudest she could in the hope that Evelyn heard her, as she was thrown into the attic.