𝓛𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮, 𝓝𝓸𝔀

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 3.

Evelyn walked inside her room. Notwithstanding the doll issue, the Heelshire have decided that it is best to let her recover and call it a day. In all honesty, the only reason Evelyn keep putting up with them was that she was eased to know that Brahms was somewhere within the household. Evelyn kept track of the number of conversations they had while listening to the wall for quiet thuds or hums.

She looks about her room with apparent satisfaction because it had a touch of antiquity and a feminine vibe.

The bed, a full-size canopy bed with a sheer lace curtain connected to it, is the most essential item in the bedroom. A thing she'd always wished for. Everything had flower embellishments and looked a little dated but warm and welcoming. The curtains were somewhat translucent, but not enough for her to see, so she moved around to the bed and peered at them.

She sets her bag down on the bed and starts organizing her belongings and placing them in the wooden closet. She chose nightwear that ranged in length from short to long nightgowns. But she decided to wear a baggy top and some baggy leggings because she wouldn't be alone tonight.

Additionally, the room had a built-in bathroom, saving her from having to travel down the corridor while wearing a damp towel. Regarding the corridor, Evelyn reflects on how every time she entered and tried to create her own, she would have to stare into Brahms's open chamber on the other side. However, Evelyn didn't mind.

Immediately after a brief bath and change. Evelyn sat down on the bed and reviewed the events of the day. with the hold doll predicament and current circumstances. They also took a trip that she thought was quite suspicious. However, an anticipation of something else that was to be with Brahms once more began to grow.

Evelyn observed a person lurking in the shadowy corner of the room while she was thinking about him. Even though a whimper could be heard that was seeking her attention, Evelyn chose to ignore him and act unaware of the situation. "Goodnight. I'm worn out." Evelyn's voice appears to cause the figure to move back before he entirely leaves her bedroom. "Still listens well," she mutters in amusement. Evelyn was still feeling a little dazed being true to her words of the long travel, but she was going to make it through it.

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

Everyone gathered at the front entrance by dawn. Evelyn was wearing a white blouse that was a welcome gift from Mrs. Heelshire under a long, ancient garment that flowed behind her. She is keeping an eye on the same chauffeur who drove her here while the Heelshire bids the Brahms Doll goodnight.

According to what she had been advised, Evelyn tends to be creepy when she stares too long, so she changes her attention to avoid disturbing the driver by maintaining to the courtyard as he works.

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

At the pile of dated-looking bags, the driver frowned. The sort of things you might anticipate seeing being put on board the Titanic. Two of the heavier luggage are picked up and carried to the spot where the automobile is waiting. He attempts to throw both luggage into the backseat at the same time, but the trunk opens. One stumbles to the floor and cries, "Bloody..." A peculiarity about the luggage is noticed by the driver when he stops.

Empty. Nothing is there at all.

Evelyn is facing away from him in the home, quietly grinning at the sight in front of her, of the couple's sad goodbye to the doll. As though it were their final opportunity to see their kid, the Heelshires said their farewell. "Crazy old buggers." He picks up the suitcase and closes it back up. Stuffs it into the trunk of the car and trudges back to the house.

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢

"Evelyn, I'm sorry about the haste." Mr. Heelshire rose, his knee slightly trembling from having knelt for so long to chat with Brahms Doll. As his wife appears to be holding off on leaving, he moves to stand next to Evelyn. "We haven't taken a vacation in quite a while, so we're looking forward to it."

"Understandable, you really need a vacation." Evelyn grinned at him, despite in her mind she wanted so badly to scoff at how odd all this was. "I appreciate you letting me stay," She truly expressed thanks for once, and Mr. Heelshire appeared to freeze. He looks between Evelyn and the doll.

Despite the younger woman's short acquaintance with him. In contrast to stories and comments from other people, Mr. Heelshire was aware that Evelyn has the charm to pull people to her. He found that to be her most distinctive quality. Even after years of having to cope with the tantrum of his child, he accepted the outcome even if he dislike how it turned out that Brahms had befriended the girl.

"Brahms... have wanted to meet you. Honestly, the only justification for our offer."

Evelyn was shocked at this information, her mouth open to say something, feeling offended that the Heelshire didn't think of her first nor wanted her here. "... How lovely." But being the sweet and easy girl that she always acted out, she smiled instead and change the topic to the holiday destination which brought panic to the old man's eyes as he leads her outside the house to the courtyard.

Soon, the topic of the doll came up again, "A timetable. For each day, Mrs. Heelshire made the effort to record one. However, it's not your responsibility to do. It's temporarily or just in case."

Once more, the astonishingly flawless handwriting seems like it dates from the 19th century. The hours are specified as 7:00 AM to 12:00 AM. Each hour has something to offer, from reading to scrubbing cheeks. Another piece of paper, with the word 'RULES' printed at the top.

Evelyn caught interest in some notes:
Never Leave Brahms Alone, No Guests, and Goodnight Kiss Every Night.

Mr. Heelshire presents them to Evelyn with a rather ashamed expression "Even though following the rules may seem ridiculous at times, it is crucial, Evelyn. Because he is different from other kids, Brahms may be... picky. I worry that over the years, we may have given in to him a little bit."

Brahms is in Mrs. Heelshire's arms as she enters the room. She looks at the driver who observes that everything was prepared and ready to depart while wiping the tears from her face. As she neared Evelyn, she took one agonizing step after another in a strange and bewildering drop to the door.

She kisses Brahms's porcelain face one last time and hands him to Mr. Heelshire who repeats the same, whispering something to its ears. Mrs. Heelshire grabs Evelyn tightly in her arms and whispers to her ear, "He loves you, I'm sorry."

Evelyn stands there, accepting the hug with a look of her own that rose her eyebrow. Mr. Heelshire watches carefully every detail of the girl, from her calmness and easy smile to the situation. Weird but it's been decided, he leads Mrs. Heelshire towards the car, "Come on, dear, it's time we left." He hands Brahms to Evelyn.

She took note of how the doll was heavier and more fragile, it must be ancient. Evelyn stares into the eyes of the doll and feels a slight pity for it. Mr. Heelshire cut the moment short with the last word, "Be good to him and he'll be good to you. Be bad to him and... well, be good to him, won't you, Evelyn Houston?"

Mustering a smile, "We'll play a whole lot," Mr. Heelshire had an odd feeling about all this exchange with her. Both sides were giving out so many clues and warning it seems, but none was allowing anyone to faster a question.

"Sure," you say. Mr. Heelshire could only manage a feeble nod. After him, he closes the door. All of a sudden, the home is extremely large, very tranquil, and rather empty. Evelyn waits while keeping a close ear out for the sound of the automobile pulling away.