𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓐𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓦𝓲𝓷

𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 6.

"You go hide! And then I seek! Where d'you go? Where d'you hide?" At the end of each line, she hums while singing. In contrast to her elegance and quiet manner on the first day, she tried to avoid making loud thudding noises while moving around the home with her feet but her brain like a toddler.

Slamming every door open, she searched every space for the presence of someone or something amusing her. Every time she got near to him, she felt bewildered and delighted rather than furious or frustrated because she loved the adrenaline. "You're not in the places I tried! I look over here, I look over there~"

She bounces forward while holding her hand behind her, causing her gown to flutter momentarily. Her eyes and ears were perceptive to every detail, and she hummed and sang the tune ominously. It's an old game they used to play, and the figure doesn't seem to mind it because he knows how much Evelyn loves it.

"I'm sure you're around somewhere," She looks for any overlooked corners in each room. "Come out. Let me catch you," Her lips twitched, and her speech had an almost menacing quality. However, he should have known better because Evelyn dislikes games that finish too quickly and effortlessly. And he will compile to her wishes and desires.

Given that her quest had been unsuccessful, it was already midnight. They had played the entire day as they both took the game earnestly until one of them finally gave up. Exhausted, she walked back downstairs to find Brahms Doll, but the moment she blinks, he was gone. Instead, there came a little chuckle as if her irritation were amusing him.

Evelyn notices that Brahms occasionally uses subtle cues or loud noises to get her attention, but once she gets close, he vanishes. "You're fooling me, aren't you?" She moved slowly and scowled at its laughing but followed after it. It led into the dining room, where a note was placed in front of the table and Brahms Doll was seated at the head of it.

Evelyn fiddled with the end of her gown, hating that she lost but her heart was pumping so loud from all the exhilaration. Reaching out for the note, it wrote, "You win." With the same red crayon and childish handwriting. She clicks her tongue frustratingly, "...right. I always do." Evelyn took the note and placed them in the pockets of her gown, it's been like that, an unspoken rule. Evelyn will always win no matter what, mostly to get her happy and giggly, something Brahms likes to see.

So, it's a win-win for both sides.

She turned her head once more in one final search. Evelyn Houston gave up in the end. It's wonderful to play with Brahms since he's always been terrific at staying hidden, Evelyn chuckled. "...I'm exhausted and it's late." Her eyes still appeared to be searching the area for something new, and her speech sounded labored and out of breath from the running. "Let's enjoy a small meal."

She moves away from the doll and goes into the kitchen to prepare a lunch for them. It was made quickly and without warning. Evelyn positioned their meal while sitting on the left side of the Brahms doll. It was silent because Evelyn was calming herself down rather than filling the space with her normal babbling. She had returned to her usual cool and collected demeanor once her obscene and maniacal childlike acts had vanished.

The figure observes her from a gap in the wall, his eyes riveted to her chest, which follows the movement of her breathing and facial features come into his view as he looks up at her expression. For the first time since entering the mansion, she is grinning broadly.

Evelyn finished her meal early; typically, she would have kept Brahms' food in the freezer, but she decided to do so today. "I'll be bathing," you say. "Don't be a creep now," she says. Evelyn headed upstairs to her room to take a much-needed bath while she left Brahms Doll behind. She took off her clothes and dove into the warm, tepid water, taking a deep breath.

She felt clean after inhaling the fragrant soap. There was a tranquil pause before more classical music, this time softer than this morning, was played from below. She opens her eyes and casts a glance at the door to her bathroom, but this time, feeling more composed, she chooses to disregard it because it was tolerable. She inhaled the aroma of the bath with a full breath.

She eventually decided to exit the bath after an hour. By this time, a child's amusing laughing had taken the place of the music, which had stopped playing. Evelyn enjoyed hearing voices from Brahms, despite his childish choice of voice, in the large house in addition to her own.

She enters the room's bedroom. Surprise! A nightgown and a pair of fluffy slippers she had never seen before were waiting for her on her bed. She carefully examined the clothing, which was rather transparent, after picking it up.

She noticed a letter from the side of her eyes that had slid under the door. She turned to the note and heard laughter outside her door before hearing loud racing footsteps fade away. She sets the garment down and clutches the towel to her breast before stooping to read the letter that reads, "Goodnight. Tomorrow, we'll play more."

Since nothing was out of the ordinary in the area suggested that she was alone, she decided to just change. As Evelyn stepped onto her bed and combed her hair back to her side, she overheard someone reading aloud from a storybook. Looking at the clock, perfect to Mrs. Heelshire's schedule, which called for story time before bed, was ideal.

♡ ⚀ ♧ ⚁ ♢ ⚂ ♤ ⚃ ♡ ⚄ ♧ ⚅ ♢