Meeting the Dunedain

Starting a new story that won't leave my mind. I only invented Aryvia so the rest goes to the respective owners.
Enjoy and comment.

I am running through the forest as fast as my legs can carry me. I can hear the Orc pack catching up. I don't know how they found me or what they want from me but I really don't want to find out either. I keep running through the thick forest, until my ankle gets caught into some root. I fall to the ground and bang my head on a stone very hard. Warm liquid starts to run down my temple.

"Great, bleeding out. Exactly what I needed." I mumble and try to stand but my ankle doesn't cooperate. I roll out of the way and sink in a lot of mud in order to stay hidden. The Orcs, not bothering to look, run past me. Thank the Valar I didn't try to take them down, this is a big pack.

I press my ear to the ground and listen. Since my mother was an elf, I inherited her sharp hearing and bond to nature. The Orcs are still running in the same direction so it is safe for me to move. I crawl out of the the disgusting smelling mud when 3 feet catch my attention.

"Who are you?" A man asks. I try to stand up but he draws his bow out and points an arrow at me. He's dressed like a ranger from the north. So do the other men that are with him. Maybe I went futher North than I anticipated?

"Who are you?" I blink up at him, my vision is very blurry. I can see dark spots everywhere.

"Narwyn." I almost whisper.

"What? Say it louder!" I try to stay awake but darkness envelops me.

---

I wake up but don't open my eyes. I can hear a fire crackle, someone humming and birds chirping. I am laying in a bed. It's been ages since I last lay in a bed! I am thirsty so I open my eyes and look around for water.

"Good morning." A woman approaches me and hands me some water. I sit up but groan at the pain in my head.

"Still hurts then. Drink it up, it will help." The elderly woman goes back to humming and sits on a chair near the fire. I silently drink and I can recognise the herb she used.

"Athelas?" The woman turns to me with a smile.

"With water and honey." I hum and drink it up. Once I am done, I put the cup gently on the table beside me. I look under the covers to see I am dressed differently.

"Your clothes were full of stings-mud. We couldn't save it. Your weapons on the other hand are cleaned." She explains.

"Thank you." I whisper grateful and stare at the flames in order to try and understand where I am and who these people are.

"Do you not want to ask me questions, child?" I look up at her.

"I am in the North, probably in the land of the Dunedain." I look outside.

"It is winter so I must have been asleep for at least a week." I look back at the woman.

"3 weeks actually."

"You used 3 weeks to heal me? I am a mere stranger to you."

"Our Chief has asked us to take care of you so we did. We waited for you to wake up for almost 2 weeks. Are you hungry? I made some soup." I nod and she goes to where I suppose is the kitchen. I check my head wound. Healed up. I put the covers aside to stand. My legs are aching because they haven'y moved in weeks. I walk around the room until the elderly woman comes back.

"What is your name?"

"Narwyn." I answer when she hands me the bowl of soup.

"And where are you from, Narwyn?" I debate on my answer.

"Winterfell." She looks at me, puzzled.

"Northern City of Gondor." I explain. She nods.

"What's your name?"

"Syndari, I am a healer and wife of our Chief, mother of his children." She smiles.

"How many children do you have?"

"2, a boy Nahstor and a girl a daughter, Nhatver. Nahstor was part of the rangers that found you and Nhatver is a healer like me. She helped me."

"My older brother was in love with a healer." That must be the Athelas letting my tongue lose.

"Really? Was he one of the smooth men or the shy men?"

"He was a shy one. Always smiling at her whenever their pathes crossed." I bite my bottom lip in order to shut up.

"He sounds like a good man." I smile at her gratefully when she drops the subject.

"Syndari? How is she doing?" Someone on the other side of the door asks. A woman, probably another healer.

"She is awake, Rhyseris. Come in." The door opens and reveals a black haired woman. She is younger than Syndari.

"Narwyn, this is Rhyseris, she is another healer and my apprentice."

"Hello." I greet her.

"Hello, how are you fairing?"

"Very well, thank you." She nods then turns to her teacher.

"I bring news. The Chief has granted her a cabin. Oh, and Kratha is showing signs of pregnancy."

"A child! Finally, it has been a few years since there's been a new born amongst us." Syndari's eyes light up. She must really be fond of children.

"Indeed. I believe it is best if we leave Narwyn to rest and show her to her cabin tomorrow."

"Good then it has been decided. Goodnight dears." Syndari leaves, Rhyberis right behind her. I stand up and get a few of my weapons then braid my hair tightly. Once I am done, I crawl back in the bed and fall asleep under the soft covers.

Words: 989