Wizards and Mordor

Here and back again
Enjoy and comment

I am sitting on Lathron's back. Gandalf is on my right, smoking. We have been travelling for weeks. I must say, it was hard to leave the Dunedain. I have spent 10 years with them. Aragorn was not keen on letting .e leave at all. He was tense the whole time Gandalf was in our cabin and he almost growled when the Wizard asked me to follow him into Mordor. Nas and Nat were not surprised and gave me knowing looks when our Chief didn't want to let me go.

"I would be careful as not to die, Aryvia. You do not want to see me furious." He hands me my cloak. He found out that I understand the Dunedain language.

"Well, at least you will have all the warm water and no one to steal anything from you." I smile. He nods but engulfs me in a hug.

"Come back, mellon ." I open my mouth and close it. Maybe itt's best if he doesn't know the I understand Sindarin.

"How long until we reach the White Wizard, Gandalf?" I clear my head from the memories.

"We will be there by tomorrow." He simply states.

--

"Saruman! It is good to see you again!" Gandalf greets the wizard wearing white clothes who is waiting at the bottom of the tower.

"Gandalf, my friend. I see you have brought someone else." He smiles at his friend.

"Narwyn of Winterfell." I greet him.

"Ah, the race of men. The most disappointing one in all of Middle Earth." He scoffs and turns around. I roll my eyes and follow the 2 into the tower.

"My birds have reported movement in Mordor. I want you to see if you cam see anything." He speaks to Gandalf, ignoring me completely. Good, let's me let my eyes wander. This Wizard is not one I will want to meet again any time soon.

"Very well, anything else?"

"Why did you bring a daughter of Man here?"

"Narwyn has grown up travelling, meeting with elves and men. She has meet Lady Galadriel as well." I tense up at the name. I hate her. I loathe her. That she-elf and every elf in Lothrien that had something to do with my situation.

"If Lady Galadirel agrees of her, then I will not get in the way." Saruman says. He eyes me carefully and sits down on some sort of throne.

Gandalf looks at me and winks while I smile back weakly. He only said that I met that she elf, not that she likes me. She sure as Hell doesn't.

"Go to Mordor and report back to me." We leave Saruman. Once outside of his...kingdom, I tell Gandalf.

"I don't like him, even less trust him. I am only doing this for you."

"He is...complicated. He is not so bad once you truly know him."

"You know best, old man." I grin. He chuckles and we continue our way to Mordor.

-3 days later-

"No, no and no. I am not letting you go in there alone. "

"I am silent, fast and will go by unnoticed should something happen there. If they were to find me, who ever they are, a curious girl wanting to see if the legend of Mordor is true , is one thing. A Wizard is a completely other one. I shall call you if I were to need help. Besides, I am not going to enter through the gate and it won't be an easy passage and not a very big one either." I explain. I will travel lightly, safe from my cape, clothes and a few weapons. And my forearms-protection.

"I will wait for 2 days. If you are not back by then, I will come."

"Sure. Stay here and I'll be back." I leave the horses with Gandalf and into Mordor.

I climb over 2 half way broken walls and slide back down silently. I keep listening for sounds but I cannot hear anything.

I smell the air. Fire and metal. Where does that cone from? I can hear distinct voices and pounding of metal. I stay on the ground when 12 orcs pass me by, heading in one direction. I get up and follow them from a distance. Everything is dead here. Only stones, no nothing.

The orcs seem to have been on a patrol because they are now joining another pack of orcs. They all enter a sort of castle. I follow them in. We pass the doors when I spot them. 2 shadows. The Nazgul. Well shit. I follow them until I enter a sort of... a lot of orcs working on metal. I cannot see what they are doing but it the smell of burns, orcs fire and metal is enough to make me want to leave. I make my way to leave. Thank Mahal that the castle is still broken. It is easy to slip through holes in the walls.

--

I am almost running to where Gandalf is. I really want to leave this place. One Nazgul saw me.

"Is everything alright?" Gamdalf asks upon my return.

"We leave, now!" I hop on Lathron and ride away in haste. I keep riding hard and as fast as I can. Gandalf catches up. We do not stop for 4 days straight.

--

"I think we lost them." I mumble and stroke Lathron's neck.

"What did you see?"

"Orcs crafting something out of metal...and 2 Nazgul." Gandalf stops.

"That cannot be. You must have... misunderstood or...no, it is not possible." He shakes his head.

"We will find out soon enough. Where are we heading?"

"Rivendell."

"I do not-"

"I would like you to meet Lord Elorond and his children." I open my mouth to say something but Gandalf gives me a look and I grumble but follow him. Cheeky Wizard and those blasted elves. I can't wait to tell Aragorn about this, or Nas. I need to conplain about this to someone. Sadly, there is no one.

"Someone save me."

"Not all elves are as bad as the ones you meet in Lothrien. To that I would know of anything that happen in those woods since no one seems to want to tell me."

"And so it shall stay until the end of time if I can help it." I glare at him.

"Must have been very bad for you to hate all of them. Elves, that is."

"You have no idea." I chuckle angrily.

Words: 1090