Rivendell

Here and back again
Pictures are from Google
Enjoy and commnt

"Ahh, Rivendell. It has been a while since I have last been here. In fact, the last time I was, I was accompanying 13 Dwarrows and a Hobbit. The Dwarrows were as enthusiastic as you." Gandalf explains when we pass the gates.

"I'm surprised that they let you all enter the gate."

"We didn't come in by the gates." I shake my head at him. Always coming in kingdoms through secret passages. A habit I have as well. Usually. The air is fresh and I feel myself relax a bit when most don't even give me a second glance.

--

"Ah, Lindir! It is good to see you again." Gandalf greets an elf at the door. The door of the castle or palace, whatever you want to call it.

"My Lord Elrond has been expecting you, Mithrandir." Oh, so now we answer in Sindarin. I pretend not to understand anything.

"Could you bring us to him?"

"My Lord Elrond said nothing about a human being...invited."

"I wish to present her to him. Do not fret, she has a lesser appetite then a Dwarf. And more manners." What did those Dwarrows do to make that elf grimace at the mention of them.

"I truly hope so. " He turns and signals us to follow. I follow silently, pretending to be interested in the architecture. I'm actually looking for escape routes in case I need it and to remember how to get out of here.

--

How did I get into this situation? Is all I ask myself when I am seated between two sons of Elrond and across his daughter, being interrogated and almost forced to say that I would like to spend the rest of my time in the arms of my Chief, Aragorn.

"You wish us to believe that you do not fancy him?" His daughter, Arwen, asks.

"Y-yes, I do not understand your reactions." I look at them confused.

"But he has gifted you a piece of his clothes!" Elladan moves his hands around.

"Yes?"

"That is a sign of courtship!" Elrohir exclaims.

"Wha- Ohhh, no, no, no, no, no. You misunderstood. I stole it and when he realized it was the warmest thing I owned, he let me keep it. He didn't want to give it to me."

"But he let you keep it!" Elrohir tries again.

"Again-"

"He wishes to court you!" His brother nods. I rub my temple. This has been going on since I mentioned Aragorn, as Strider of course, in the beginning of dinner. The sun is long gone by now.

"Who wishes to court you, Lady Narwyn?" Lord Elrond seems finished with his discussion with Lindir, who is sitting besides him and Arwen.

"No one."

"Estel."

"Estel? Who's Estel?"

"Estel wishes to court you, Lady Narwyn? I am sorry, I did not know. Tell him he has my blessing." Elrond grabs his glass and makes a toast.

"To Estel and Narwyn!" Everyone drinks but me who looks around confused. I glance at Gandalf who is torn between asking me what's going on and laughing until he is out of breathe.

"Excuse me? Who-"

"Ah, he grew up so fast. I remember when he was still running away from his lessons." Arwen smiles at me.